Memories

"Geez dad, this house ricks! What happened here? World war three? Jughead complained. He had just returned from school, and there were empty can beers all over the trailer, the place looked like trash. A man was rambling in the couch, and the beanie wearing boy approched him.

"Have you been drinking? Again? It's 4pm dad! Seriously how drunk are you?" 

FP ignored him, he could tell his son was pissed at him, but he was way too intoxicated to actually care. Truth to be told, he always had a drinking problem, and latetly it's been pretty bad. Maybe it all had to with the fact that the Serpent Charmer managed to blackmail him do to do hotjobs, or maybe the actual reason was that Gladys had left him and took his little girl with her. Honestly, he didn't really cared about his wife at this point but his daughter meant the world to him.

Jughead had been quite worried about his old man but there's nothing he could say or do that would change the fact that his dad is an alcoholic. The only person who would manage to make him stop drinking was himself.

"Eventually, you will have to put your shit back togheter" the teenage boy sighed and FP rolled his eyes at his words. He knew his son was right but he was too hurt, the day the Jones women left that house, broke his heart into a million pieces.

Everybody grieves in different ways... unfortunately, his way wasn't the very best but all that alchool helped him numb the pain.

The next day, FP woke up with the sound of his phone ringing, he had a huge headche and a sore back from sleeping in the hard couch.

"Hello?" he said in his morning raspy voice.

"Hm... hi dad, how are you feeli..." 

"I'm so sorry Jughead" a tear threatening to escape his eyes, as he interrupted his son before he could even finish the sentece. FP felt so ashamed, he really does want to be a good parent for Jug, but everything is so... ugh.

"It's ok, dad. I guess I'm used to it by this point..." FP's stomach twirled at those words "listen... I have to ask you something..." his son continued.

"Anything"

And maybe that was his guilt talking right this moment but he does love his son, and would do anything for him.

"Well... hm... you see... haven't told you about this girl and... we're kinda together together and I want to introduce her to you. I mean she wants to meet you, I'm not so sure it's a good ideia because you know... could you?... Just promise me you won't drink today..."

 He managed to get up and went straight to the kitchen for a glass of water and an aspirin. He really had to make the very best of himself presentable for his son's girlfriend. He deserved a better father and FP was willing to do whatever it takes to make his boy, the happiest of boys. So he cleaned the entire mess in his home, and took a bath before grabbing milkshakes from Pop's.

Later that day

"Hi dad" two teenagers had just entered the trailer. Jughead was actually quite impressed at how cleaned everything was, there wasn't a single thing outta place and it smelled really good, some kind of lavanda spray, he thoutgh. "This is Betty, Betty this is my dad" a smile crossed his face.

"I'm very happy to meet you, Mr Jones" the blonde girl smiled.

"Oh please, call me FP" he replyied and pointed to the kitchen "I got milkshakes for you guys".