#5

Kristen pov

Slowly his lips connected with the side of my mouth and I was burning with something I couldn't figure out.

His lips lingering a few more seconds on the side of my mouth making everything frozen beside us.

"Krisy" someone mumbled.

"Krisy" louder than before.

"KRISY" amy screamed sitting beside me anxiously.

"Huh...yes amy" I stuttered.

"Whats wrong? You are zoning out for like the hundredth time today" she asked.

"Nothing" I replied nonchalantly.
"Whats on your mind?" She asked again.

Your brother I wanted to say but I just shook my head.

" Are you sure everything is alright ? You know you can tell me if there is something wrong or someone is troubling you." She kept looking at my face trying to figure out.

' no it's just the landlord, he's been asking for money for the quite long time. If I don't pay him soon he will start with his perverted ways" I replied half truth... it was true that the old perverted landlord was also on my mind.

"Krisy... I told you you should not live there, the old man is sickenly. Just pay his rent and leave, I will figure out everything else." She groaned.

" he will be alright until I pay my rent regularly. I got my pay today. so I will give him his rent today and he will stop troubling me." I replied nonchalantly.

It wasn't the landlord I was concerned about, he has been troubling me since forever. I knew how to tackle him.

I was concerned about my best friend brother and the mafia King, who was suddenly at my back.

" look you zoned out Again" she groaned .

"Sorry what were you saying amy" I apologized.

"Mom and Aiden had been asking about you, they haven't seen you in forever. They invited you today at home" she told me.

"Amy... I" before I could complete she cut me off.

" Today's Monday so your shift starts at 9 and if you're scared about caden, then he isnt that bad that he is going to eat you the moment you step infront of him. I just told you not to cross his path doesn't means you just separate yourself from the whole family" she replied, her face morphed in annoyance.

Whatever it may be, she still loved her brother and that wasn't a problem, after all he was family but what she didn't knew was the fact that her brother was the person troubling my mind.

"No amy it isn't like that. I just..." I couldn't explain I didn't knew what to say.

" fine I'm coming" I told her.

" that's good but I wasn't asking you sweetie I was telling you that you are coming" she grinned.

On the cue the bell rang and we parted to our classes.
I was doing my masters in business and she's was learning fashion designing.

Numbers have always captivated my brain so I believed that it was the best thing for me and it was the only thing I wanted to do for the rest of my life.

Everything else passed in a blur and soon enough I found myself standing outside the mansion.

The moment I step my foot in the mansion, I was tackled into a choking hug.

"Aiden. ..can't ...breath" I choked.
The next moment he released me and Amy was laughing hysterically.

" God you two are so cute" she laughed smirking at me.

"Oh please" I begged.

" it's been forever since I last saw you, little angel" Aiden grinned.

"Ah... not that nickname again please" I groaned.

"Whats wrong angel ? You seem stressed. Is someone troubling you?" he asked.

I hated this, I hated the fact that everybody could read me like an open book. I was always like this where people could look at my face and tell everything I was feeling. There was absolutely nothing I could hide, whatever I felt just reflected on my face.

" yeah that old, sick , perverted landlord is troubling her again" amy groaned.

Before I could stop amy from giving up brief description about my landlord to Aiden because I hated pity. A loud voice interuppted us and I froze.

" who is troubling her" he's voice was So menacing that Even the walls of mansion Shook from its terror.

"No one" it was amy who spoke and for the first time in my life I was glad about what she spoke.

"WHO IS TROUBLING HER" he grunted out again ignoring what Amy was trying to hide.

Scared about what Amy might speak up and the fate of landlord because even if he was sick and an asshole, he was still a human.

"Its just a friend fun troubling me, Mr.Rivera" my words flew out so fast that I was scared he couldn't even make it what I said.

"Kristen" they way he called out my name had my knees shaking.

"I can detect a lie better than a lie detecting machine" he looked at me waiting for me to speak but I kept quiet.

"So I suggest you shut.the.fuck.up and do not interrupt my baby sis" even though the sentence was in a suggestive form, the order was clear.

"Answer me baby sis" he completed.

There were emotions overflowing through my brain. I felt a sudden urge to cry as I felt the tear brimming my eyes.

I couldn't understand if it was the fear or the hurt about the way he talked to me.

Never in my life anybody has been this cruel or rude to me. I controlled my tears, I wasn't going to cry and break down like a little girl.

Everything was quite but I dare not raise my head as I continued looking at the ground.

"Come krisy, I wanna show you something" it was Aiden's voice, I looked at him as he held out his hand for me. I was sure my eyes must be red by now. I was glad that I was leaving right now.

I took his hand and started to leave when he spoke again.

"I dont remember allowing you to leave, brother" caden growled calm.

"I don't need your permission, brother" Aiden spat before dragging me out.

Hey guys Chapter over
How do you like the story so far.
The next chapter and all the forth coming chapters of this book are available on Hinovel, the book name is the same.
Please remember to vote.
I love you all
Stay blessed.