Chapter 1: Ras Elclare - Full Goddess Power

Part 1: The Twisted

It was already 3 hours since Ras entered the fight. Somehow, Vildred was really persistent this time. It might be that he has fully achieved the full power of the Archdemon's Might. But... something didn't seem very right. If Vildred really did control Archdemon's power, why didn't he changed at all? His appearance, skills, and power remained as before, not even changed since the last time they fought. Ras was thinking while jumping to the side, trying to dodge Vildred's blade from cutting through his skin. "Huff... huff..." Ras breathed out exhaustively. 

 "Looks like someone over there is already exhausted, such weaklings." - Vildred laughed out loud
 "No... How can he still stand, his power stays the same from the last time we met..." - Ras mumbled to himself
 "Ras Elclare, Heir of the Covenant, do you want to hear a story before you both die together?"
 "Wha... "We"? What... what do you mean?" - Trying to take his breath, Ras felt confused after hearing Vildred said that.
Vildred gave Ras a smirk. And evil one, of course. He raised one of his hand up and draw a symbol that looks like an upside-down cross. In mid-air, Ras realized that Vildred has created a Dark Portal. Dark Portals are portals that require an advanced dark magic skill. Only the Goddess' Heirs and Archdemon's acolytes can create these portals. It also has its downside, though. It can only be used once in a lifetime and if the host uses more than the limit, their souls will be slowly devoured by the Unexistence - The Lost Soul of the Unknown.
Back to the story, as Vildred put his arm inside of the Dark Portal and pull out something, Ras couldn't believe in his eyes...
"No...it...it can't be..."- Ras said as he stumbled to the ground, tears began to roll from his eyes
 "Aww, pity out little Heir of Covenant, but what you see in front of you right now is no illusion. It's the one and only Wraith that you've cared about for so long." - Vildred looked into Ras eyes, one hand holding her in the hair; the other hand still holding his sword tightly, preparing to fight Ras at anytime
 "No..."  - Ras fell to the floor in despair, tears dropping faster than ever.
...
..
.

Part 2: The Dream

Realized who was in front of him, Ras fell in despair. His eyes began to fill with tears. He didn't want to believe in what he's just seen. 

- "Not a single word to say?  I assume that you have given up?" - Vildred said without hesitation.

Within a second, Vildred flashed around Ras and gave him a deep slash into his back. The blade cut deep through Ras' skin, so deep that blood spilled everywhere in mid-air. "Aaa..rrgggggg..." Ras - right now already lost all of his strength, immediately dropped his entire body to the floor. His vision became blurry. 

-This is it... I've failed my duty... to everyone... to the Goddess... to... Mer...cedes...

Everything is now pitch black.

"Ras..."

Ras heard a slight voice, calling for him in a distance. He looked up and started to reply

"Hello?" He said. 

"My child, come towards me." The voice continued.  Ras stood up, wondering how all of his wounds weren't here, his clothes is still the same as before. Wandering in the darkness, he saw a dim light coming closer as he walks towards it. The light started to form shapes. A Human-like one.  As he got closer and closer, the "light" walked faster towards him. All of a sudden, the "person" jumped towards him and gave him a hug.

"Woa!" As Ras fell over in surprise, the figure looked at him.

"Hi~" "She" smiled at him. 

/ Wait...a young girl? /

Ras looked at her, his face expressed a huge confusion, not knowing what to respond. The young girl noticed that, so she laughed. The young and cute voice of her gave Ras a slightly warm and relieving feeling. 

"M...May I ask your name?" Ras politely indicated the girl to know her name. She giggled a little bit.

"Oh right, it's been ages since we have last seen each other face-to-face. There's no doubt that you could have forgotten my appearance." The girl said calmly

"Wait - you mean you are..."

"Yes, I am Diche, or so-called "The Goddess" as everyone refers to."

"I... I don't know what to say..." Ras stumbled with his words, partially confused as he looked at Diche.

Diche sniggled a little bit. "Haha ~ Well, I didn't really expect you to remember me, anyway - I have specifically locked away memories of me within you." said Diche, with a calm and warming voice.

"Why don't we have a little chat, to catch up on what I have missed during your time on Orbis?" Diche suggestively told Ras, slightly pull his outfit sleeve - hinting him to sit down.

"B...But I have to stop The Archdemon, stop Vildred so that everyone can be save." Ras said in a hurried. A worried look was to be seen on his face. Ras, who have failed to save the person that her cared the most, his will to save those who have depended on him - Iseria, Yuna, Aither, Arkasus, ... The flame in Ras' eyes burned brightly, immense power fomred an aura around him*.

*This is the same kind of power that in the original universe, Ras attain the energy to become Adventurer Ras

"I can see that you still want to save everyone, but you have to understand that in this state - you are deem dead by those in the living realm. Do you wish to come back, once more?" Diche said to Ras in a serious tone. "Are you willing to defeat your fate to be reincarnated? Or will you join those who have gone to the Afterlife?"

Ras stayed silent. For a moment, images of his friends flashed through his mind. Kise, Ruele, Aki, ... They have all been there for Ras, and were taken away from him by the Archdemon. What will they think of Ras if he chose to join them in the Afterlife? Will they greet him with welcoming arms, or will they look at him in disappointment?

Part 3: The Final Decision

(To Be Continue...)