λFTERWORD

And there we are. The story is, at long last, finished. I've been trying to get it written for fifteen years now.

I hope you enjoyed reading it. Although it didn't really turn out as I'd hoped, it was closer than usual, so that was nice. I have to admit, after fifteen years, my interest in the original Half-Life game has diminished. I'm still pretty interested in writing the series, but most of my Half-Life series takes place during and then after Half-Life 2. And I couldn't get there until I'd established Eric's origin story.

Now that's written. I think I covered it pretty well. At least hopefully I did.

So that leaves us with looking ahead at the future. Eric's story will continue into Bishop's Lament, which takes place during Half-Life 2 and covers the events of that game from Eric's perspective. Although I've got a pretty solid idea of how I want to do that, it's going to be awhile before I get to writing it.

I'm admittedly not sure when I'll get back to it. I might write it alongside The DOOM Chronicles in 2020, since I don't want to leave it on the back burner for too long, but as is always my problem, there's just too much to write!

[UPDATE AUGUST 2022: I am finally writing the sequel! Bishop's Lament is live!]

So thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it, and won't get too annoyed waiting for the next story.