Author's Note

This story was created as a cover-prompt short story entry for the talented ladies of avadel

I met Laine and Aria, the two women behind the account, when they were with us on the NecroCommunity. In addition to being wonderful cover designers, they are fantastic authors who quickly proved serious challengers for me in a number of contests.

I got to know them as a result of their endless support and creative view of the world. Even though they do not read Mature stories and my provocative snarkasm and innuendos are not always appreciated, they have been loyal fans and friends. They've even gone so far as to help with the editing of "Portrait Of Evienne".

It is unlikely that a writer of the dark and subtly erotic side of life, one who is obsessed with the concept of "tragic beauty", would become a member of a G-Rated-Disney-Loving community of gifted writers and artists--but alas, they have been nothing short of wonderful to me, even if they can't read most of my work. I am happy to give them something suitably PG-13. ;)

This prompt, the review I received of the story, and conversations with these great ladies made me conclude this is more than a short story. It is a prologue for a future book about some unforgettable characters.

One small change has been made from the original contest entry: Evie-Marie's last name. I did not want to introduce a character those who follow the "Immortally Beloved"  saga have yet to meet. I then realised those from a community that doesn't follow Mature work would never have the opportunity to read that book.

Those who do may notice Evie-Marie has the same last name as Eleni, the seductive French aristocrat who is the MC in "Immortally Beloved". Who is Evie-Marie? Only time (and more writing) will tell.

Since there are more stories to write than time left on the planet, for now, thank you to avadel!

So many of their covers speak to me and inspire me, so winning the second cover contest (and cover) is a great delight! Please visit them and adopt a beautiful cover. <3

(P.S. This little intro is dedicated to our illustrious Queen, who is not only Her Majesty Of Throne-Napping, but was the runner-up for the competition. If you haven't read any of her work yet, please check out my friend Oceane_Breeze.)

)