New growth. (Todoroki's p.o.v)

His breathing leveled out as he lost conciousness. Small, gentle breaths making his chest rise and fall.

'So peaceful..' I think to myself.

I lift a hand to satisfy my urge to play with his hair. Its soft and fluffy, just like usual. When I uncurl it from my fingers, it springs back into its original unruly shape.

Sitting here with Izuku in the warmth of the sun, in the secret garden that my mother showed me all those years ago.. it made me feel nostalgic, and happy.

Instead of sitting in my mothers lap, he's sitting in mine. I think I understand why she enjoyed it so much now.

Just being near Izuku makes me feel so elated, so much that it's getting hard to hide it. I want to be near to him more and more, so much so that it's beginning to affect my mood.

"You really don't realise what you do to me.." I say again, knowing he can't here me.

I'm having suspicions. The way that he makes me feel, it's uncanny. I know where I felt like this before.

Whenever I remember her, the memories flood over me.

The sleepless nights.
The nightmares.
The taunting dreams.
The nights where I couldn't even bring myself to eat.

The time I apparently almost dragged Izuku into my bed because I was half-dreaming.

I know I shouldn't block her out, but the feelings I feel around Izuku make me want to cry. The trauma runs too deep. I don't want to associate him with her. He's his own person.

And yet, I get glimpses of memories I had long buried inside my head.

The time she first confessed to me at the beach, over three miles away now. Crystal clear waters. White foam and sandy shoes.

My first kiss.

Izuku had been resurfacing one after the other ever since I first met him.

He had dug up these memories without even knowing he was.
He just exists, and it's creating all sorts of turmoil inside my head.

It did trouble me, but it was all worth it when I had him here in my arms.
It was all worth it, when he smiles as he see's me, coming over and asking me how I am. Like i'm an equal.

'I'm not blind to how he makes me feel. I love him. It's the only explanation that makes sense.'

And yet, despite admitting it to myself on multiple occasions, it still shocked me. It still made me uneasy.

'Does he even like men? Ochako has been talking about him a lot ever since she knew he arrived.. perhaps she's better for him.. more lively, more cheerful.'

I said this to myself, but my grip on him only grew tighter at the thought.

No matter how many times I tried to reason with myself, I didn't want to imagine, let alone see anyone else holding his hand, making him blush or even-

'-.. or even kiss him...'

I looked down at his freckled face, that had rolled to the side in his sleep.

The urge came back again, and I was struggling to fight it off. I wanted to kiss him so badly it made my throat hurt. My face grew hot again, and I had to look away from his face to calm down. My eyes rested on a patch of poppies.

'No. I can't. I mustn't. He doesn't have feelings for me. I can't ruin this.'

I look back down at him peacefully sleeping in my arms, and the urge tackles my senses again.