𝐢𝐢. RIDDLE ME THIS

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

  UNIVERSITY AND MAKING FRIENDS WAS the least of Bailey's problems when Edward arrived that afternoon; it was finally visiting hours for him and Bella. They hijacked the living room which wasn't much of a problem because Bailey spent most of her time confined to her room. It only became an issue when she found herself wanting a snack. Something light to eat to soothe the sudden hunger she was feeling. Unfortunately, Bailey knew very well that once she enviably encountered Edward downstairs, she'd be unable to stop herself from thinking very negative thoughts about him.

Marriage? At Bella's young age? It was absolutely ludicrous. 

There were a few truths that Bailey had to face now that she was getting wiser. Her time in Forks allowed for personal growth, so she considered herself to be much more emotionally perceptive than before; she was no longer "the robot". This development of skills allowed Bailey to critically analyze things in a way that she simply couldn't before. Her relationship with the Cullens was one of them. 

Jasper was her friend and she appreciated him for that. She cared about him, platonically. Alice wasn't bad either. Although sometimes being around her drained a lot of Bailey's energy; Alice was sometimes too extroverted for her liking. Then there were the others...

Carlisle was a doctor and a father. While Esme was a mother. That was it. Bailey didn't necessarily have any opinions about them; she hardly interacted with the Cullen clan matriarch and patriarch. The same could be said for Emmett and Rosalie. Rosalie preferred avoiding the humans (Bella and Bailey) as if they carried the plague. She also didn't seem to like Bella at all and ultimately was never around for Bailey to have any strong thoughts about her. Emmett would also be placed in that indifferent category, although there were times when he was pleasant. 

Finally, there was Edward. Now, Bailey had only recently discovered a strong disliking toward Edward. He was the reason why Bella had been detached for so many months. He'd left her alone and defenceless despite knowing good as well how his vampire physiology was alluring to humans, like a drug to an addict. Yet he still proceeded to "dazzle" Bella into becoming borderline obsessed with him. Not to mention, every stupid thing that came out of his mouth—Bailey sighed, she was riling herself up too much.

Given the fact that she was currently evaluating her relationship with Paul, it had allowed for a more nuanced or rather personal outlook when dissecting Bella and Edward's relationship. Previously Bailey had been teetering—there were times when she was apathetic toward him and times were she absolutely loathed him. Now? Oh, she hated him. 

"I thought the timing was still undecided," Edward's voice spoke to Bella softly. "You might enjoy a semester or two of college. There are a lot of human experiences you've never had." 

Bailey paused at the top of the stairs. She was about to descend to get herself a snack but stopped to "accidentally" listen to their conversation. She couldn't tell if Edward was being sincere in his words or if he was just saying that because he'd read her mind. Either way, this would be an instance of where she was leaning toward apathy over loathing.