CHAPTER 3

There were clothes everywhere. Josie was rushing around the room, back and forth, picking up one top to compare it to a skirt or jeans and then throwing both items somewhere back into the whirlwind that was her room. Everything had to be perfect. SHE had to be perfect.

Lizzie was standing in the doorway with a look of utter disbelief. She had just gotten back from some zen time with her dad. All of which was gone the moment she opened the door to the room she shared with Josie.

“Jo? What?...What?” sputtered Lizzie.

Josie halted all actions she was attempting to turn towards the door. “Lizzie!” she shrieked. “I need your help! I- I have to look perfect! I don’t know what to wear!”

The blonde twin was blown away. Josie never freaked about her outfits, she didn’t care about that kind of stuff. Josie never freaked out at all. This was usually her thing. Josie’s thing was naturally looking cute as a button no matter what she did. Josie was composed. The scene Lizzie was looking at was so not her sister she a little unnerved.

She crossed the room with fast steps and pulled Josie to her bed. Upon settling down on the bed Lizzie noticed the small tear streaks covering her sister’s face. “Josie, what happened? What is this about?”

Josie wiped at her cheeks for a moment. “I can’t screw this up again. I need… I just have to be better.” she whispered.

Lizzie pulled Josie into a hug. “So this is about dinner?” She asked. Josie just nodded into her shoulder.

“Oh Jo,” Lizzie said with a smile. “Does Hope know how you feel?”

“She knows I'm nervous but…” replied Josie. “She doesn’t know how much..”

“Why?” asked the blonde. Lizzie was never a fan of the tribrid, but she knew that Hope would be beside herself if Josie was anything but happy. Lizzie loved and cared for her sister and she would do anything for Josie, but Hope was on a whole different level. The girl wouldn’t eat or sleep until she somehow got Josie to smile again. “You know she’d be just as upset if she found out you were feeling like this and didn’t see it herself. You should just tell her.” she reasoned.

“It’s fine Lizzie, really. I- I just want to look good, ok?” Josie confessed. “That’s all, I wanna make a better impression this time.”

Lizzie gave a short hum of disproval but got up off the bed anyway. She searched around the room for a minute or two before returning to her sister with some pieces of clothing. “Here, these will be just fine,” she said.