baking // river phoenix

y he so cute tho ohhh my god^
✨ fluffffff ✨
i hope you guys enjoy this! i'm sick and lowkey praying that i'm not any better tomorrow so i can stay home all day and get some extra sleep cause i've had a nonstop headache for almost 48 hours and i have a long ass biology essay due.
anyway, this was v fun to write!
🧁 warning: mild smut? 🧁

You put your hands on your hips and stepped away from the freshly frosted chocolate cake

You put your hands on your hips and stepped away from the freshly frosted chocolate cake. It smelled amazing.
"I think I'm done," you said, narrowing your eyes and turning to look at your boyfriend, River, "What do you think?"
His eyes traveled up. He'd been working on making some cookie dough. You and River were baking an assortment of vegan desserts and pastries for a fundraiser. It was raining softly outside, so there really wasn't much else to do.
It was cozy, soft jazz playing from a record player in the corner of the room.
"I think," he began, striding over to the cake casually, "it looks amazing."
You smiled at him suspiciously as he scooped a bit of frosting out of the bowl and began to walk toward you, grinning.
Suddenly, he darted toward you and threw the chocolate onto your nose, then sprinted away, still smiling.
"Riv! I swear, I'm gonna kill you," you laughed, chasing him. Finally, you cornered him. Your laughter faded as he leaned in and kissed you softly next to the warm oven. He smiled into the kiss, and you melted into him. He smelled like sugar and vanilla.
"Y/n," he murmured between kisses.
"Hm?"
"This is amazing, but you're getting flour all over me."
"You think I care?"
You both started laughing and you began to pull away but he wrapped his arms tighter around you.
"No, no, not yet..." He pressed himself against you, kissing you again.
You giggled, pushing yourself off of him.
"Yes yet. We have to finish this stuff. Come on."
"Fine, fine."
You both resumed baking, measuring out cups of flour and vegan chocolate chips. A few minutes later, River shut the oven after putting the dough in and turned to look at you.
"Y/n?"
You answered him without looking up.
"Yeah?"
You felt his arms wrap around your waist from behind you and you smiled.
"Do we have to do this right now?" he whispered into your ear.
You sighed, leaning back onto his chest and looking up at him.
"What would we do instead?"
His face turned a light pink shade and he smirked down at you.
"I have a few ideas..."
You grinned and playfully slapped him.
"Oh shut up, Phoenix."
He raised his eyebrows.
"Okay," you said reluctantly, "I guess we have a few minutes."
He took your waist, grinning, and spun you around, putting you onto the counter next to the flour, practically spilling it as he began to kiss your nose, lips, jawline, and neck.
"Riv-" you giggled as you reached out your hand to steady the flour bag and yourself. The warm, fluttery feeling in your chest began to grow.
He continued to kiss your neck, beginning to leave hickeys near your collarbone.
"Okay, okay, Riv," you breathed.
"What?" The vibrations of his voice on your chest gave you chills.
"No more. Seriously," you hated saying no, but you wanted to at least finish a few batches of cookies, "I don't want hickeys at the fundraiser tomorrow."
He laughed a little and put his hands up in surrender.
"Okay!"
You gave him a quick peck on the lips, and resumed making pastries.
Once you two finished baking later that night, River finished what he'd started.

🍪 yes please 🍪
lmk if you guys want me to write what happens after you're done baking or resume this story in any way cause i know it's pretty short. it's still prob one of my favs tho... i'm proud.
i think i'm gonna start a rant/confessions book! it'll be mainly based on the 80s and movies and stuff and it's just me/other people voicing opinions on stuff so if you're interested in having your opinion in the book (it can be anonymous if you want) pls comment/vote/dm!
love,

🍰 -camhhhh- 🍰
word count - 710