What's matter in life

A man woke up every day rushing to go to work. He never really had time for himself or his family. There was a time, him and his family used to pray before anyone leave the house. He was so focus on his job that it seemed like that part of his life doesn't matter anymore. One day, he came back from work to find his house on fire. Fire trucks and police cars blocked the streets. He ran to the house screaming: " My wife and my children!"

A police officer stopped him as he tried to get into the house in flames.

" You cannot go there Sir."

At that moment all he had in mind is to save his family no matter what. He looked at the police officer madly and managed to get inside screaming his wife and his children names. At a point, he couldn't fight the smoke anymore and passed out.

He tried to move but couldn't move his legs. He heard a voice: " Don't move. I am here with you."

It was the sweetest voice he ever heard. The voice was soothing and comforting.

" Who are you?" Asked the man

" I am God."

The man looked confused and the images of his loving wife and children flashed through his mind. He started to cry and said: " If you are God, why you let this happen?"

" Why my family?" Continued asking the man.

The voice slowly replied: " I have given you everything. A family to treasure and you never spend time with them. You are so busy worrying about what I am already taking care of."

" But I work hard to take care of them." Said the man.

" I know that you are a good man. I don't want you to worry about anything. I am God and I am on control of everything. "

When he opened his eyes all he saw was his wife and his children. He was immensely grateful and happy and wondered what happened. Did he really had a conversation with God.

Later, his wife explained to him that she went for a walk with the kids because a voice told her to get out of the house and when she came back, she saw that they were taking him to the hospital. She thought she had lost him.

They hugged each other and thank God for allowing them to be together. He promised that he will spend more time with them.

Moral of this story: Always cherish your loved ones and be grateful for them because you can loose them anytime.

Written by Francesse Simeon/Victomasa

Note: I will appreciate your feedback.