Confessions (part 1)

A/N: Au where the governer didn't come and fucking ruin everything (aka the prison was never destroyed)

Tw: none, just Beth and Daryl being too afraid to admit their feelings for each other-

But Carol and Maggie are having none of it :)

Anyways enjoy!!

~ ~ ~ ~

"Tell her!"

"Nah"

"Daryl, you have to!"

Daryl rolled his eyes and looked away from Carol. Ever since she found out about his secret feelings for Beth, all she did now was try to convince Daryl to tell her how he feels.

And Daryl was so over it.

"You know you want to." She said. "You've been hiding it for too long now, but you can't forever."

Daryl knew Carol was right. She's always right. But it didn't matter. He couldn't risk telling Beth he likes her that way only for her to reject him and not feel the same way.

He just didn't think she'd like him like that. He didn't think anyone would like him like that.

Daryl didn't feel like he was good enough for people. Especially someone like Beth.

She's a sweet, young, pretty girl. She tried to see the good in everything, and could make people's days better just by singing a damn song.

Daryl was distant, quiet, and preferred to keep to himself. He doesn't trust people easily, and barely opened up to others.

To Daryl Dixon, there were so many things wrong with him. Too many things. And Beth Greene deserved so much better than someone like him.

Carol reached out to him, gently touching his shoulder and looked at him with caring eyes.

"Daryl, I see the way you look at that girl. You try to hide it, but everytime you see her, you just light up. I've even seen you smile while just staring at."

Daryl sighed as she kept talking.

"You deserve happiness, Daryl. And Beth can be that happiness."

Yeah, but could he be that happiness for her?

Daryl sure didn't think so.

[Meanwhile...]

"Calm on, Beth!"

"Maggie, I swear to god-"

Beth groaned into her pillow, wishing her sister would stop driving her crazy.

"Beth, you have to tell Daryl how you feel!" Maggie said, as she jumped around the room like a little kid.

Both looked up at her and sighed, shaking her head.

"I can't, Maggie. He doesn't like me like that."

"How do you know? He could be in love with you for goodness sake!"

Beth hid her face in her hands, trying to hide the blush creeping onto her face.

"Why would he like someone like me? He probably thinks I'm too childish or weak."

Maggie frowned as she looked at her little sister. She sat down next to her on the bed, putting an arm around her.

Beth looked up at her, with confusion.

"Bethy, Daryl would be crazy to not like you. You're such a sweet, smart, and strong girl. And I can tell by the way Daryl looks at you, he thinks so too."

"But-"

"No, no buts! Let me finish."

Both quickly shut her mouth as Maggie continued.

"You two deserve each other. He helps you learn to become stronger, and you help him see the good things in life. You make him happy."

Beth couldn't stop herself from smiling as her sister spoke. She didn't know she made Daryl happy. That made her feel good. She loved to spread joy, especially to the people she loved.

"You really should tell him how you feel. You know Daryl is too much of a wuss to make the first move."

Both sisters laughed, and Maggie gently grabbed Beth's hand.

"Go."

Both suddenly felt confidence, and she got up with a big smile.

"You're right. I'm going to tell him. I'm going to tell Daryl how I feel."

She didn't notice Maggie's eyes widening before she turned around to leave, only to see Carol and Daryl standing in the doorway.

They both heard what she said.

Beth froze, and immediately regretted her words.

Daryl just looked at her with a mixture of shock, confusion, and..happiness?

Carol looked over at Maggie and motioned for her to follow her. Maggie quickly got up and followed Carol, giving Beth a nervous smile before leaving the room.

Beth looked back up at Daryl and took a deep breath.

Guess now's a better time than ever for love confessions?

~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: I did kind of rush this so sorry if it's bad and for any spelling errors,,

I hoped you liked it anyway!! I'll write part 2 asap!! <3