Chapter 22 - Panama

Chapter 22

Panama

Amelia passed out being in Rimulus' arms crying out to her hoping she would wake up. However, she was out of it. There were no convulsions or seizures. She just laid there as if she were sleeping.

"You overdid it again, didn't you?" A voice was calling out to Amelia in her unconscious state.

"What do you want, Allura? First you tell me that I have to master my own skills and the mer's language and now you are lecturing me for overdoing it? Is anything not good enough for you?!"

"I said it was going to take time, you're rushing the process. You keep doing this, you will not be fit to take your place in Atlantica as reigning regina. This is also the curse of your gift as well which led to Cirra's ultimate demise. She did not find inner peace with herself. She let her mind ramble on and on. That itself consumed and let her transform to the Magna Aquia Draconem. Slow down, hear yourself breathe, feel the water go in and from your gills, you cannot master your skill and master your knowledge of the history behind these waters until you know to ease your mind. Ease it, don't let the same with what happened to Cirra happen once more,"

It was a few hours until she woke back up and saw that she was in a room different from the library. She got up slowly and looked around.

"Where am I?"

"Atlantica's palace also formerly known as the Aula – or as you see from what it originally was. It's all now to rubble. Since, the death of the dynasty, the merfolk made sure to make their disgust with the family known by destroying the palace. I'm sorry, my lady, this is all I could find to lay you safely here without being disturbed,"

"It's fine, Rimulus. So, what did it look like before?"

"No one knows. There were stories that the palace had the finest limestone as the palace's flooring, but as I see now, that isn't true at all," Rimulus said looking down playing part of the rubble on the flooring with his fins.

"I think I found us a new project to do Rimulus."

"My lady, you just collapsed, how can you think of doing a major project like this?! This isn't a one-mer job!"

"I know that. We just need to take one thing at a time. I think the first thing we need to accomplish is to get the structure exterior first. Then we can worry about the interior."

"Hi, Mia, are you busy?"

A familiar voice came to telepath Amelia in which she'd never thought she would hear back from so soon.

"Lyn! No, well actually not yet, I'm trying to rest up on my next big project, what's going on?"

"I've got a problem, well, it involves Meredith in it as well. We ran off from school, and we dove into the water together running away."

"Dear Neptune...." Amelia couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"A kid tried to tease Meredith, and well, she sort of went overboard. I don't know if the school is looking for us, but I'm sure by now our parents are worried sick. I can't face them, Mia. I can't live on the surface anymore knowing what I am branded to them. I know you must be thinking I'm some sort of hypocrite by now..."

"Lyn, that's the last thing I am thinking of about you. My overall concern for you now is if you are okay and happier than you were. But I would let your parents know that you are alright though and that everything is okay."