Auditions...

Italics is Abe singing/acting

Bold is Peter singing/acting

Italics and bold is both of them singing/acting.

Peter was nervous. Okay, to be completely accurate, he was beyond nervous. It all started when the school announce a school musical and Peter's teacher forced everyone to either try out for a part, or work as stage crew.

••••••••••••Flashback Brought To You By MJ's Unobtainable Amount Of Sass•••••••••••••••••

"Okay students, this years musical is The Greatest Showman. Exciting, I know, I know. Now, we will be having auditions today, so everyone who is auditioning for Charity Barnum, on this side, and those who are auditioning for P.T Barnum over here. Today, we are looking for the main acts and the minors. Auditions for Phillip Carlyle and Anne Wheeler shall be later today, so those auditioning for either of the two stay longer. Parker, Leeds and Jones, you three ready to watch auditions?" Mr. Williams asked and the three nodded. After two excruciating hours, they finally had all the roles filled, excluding two.

"Alright, auditions for Phillip and Anne are up, so people get ready to take the stage." Flash smirked in Peter's direction and made his way to the stage.

"What's wrong Parker? Scared you wouldn't get the part if you auditioned?" Flash taunted and Peter rolled his eyes.

Auditions went quickly and everyone sucked, so no one was picked and Mr. William's was getting stressed.

"How can we have a musical without the important characters! The major romance everyone looks for. The love of Phillip and Anne!" Mr. Williams shouted and pulled at his hair. Ned turned to his best friend and had a smile on his face.

"Dude, why don't you audition? You're singing is amazing! And you know all the lyrics!" Mr. Williams snapped his attention to Peter and Ned quickly and rushed up to him.

"Mr. Parker, is what Mr. Leeds said true?"

"Ha! Parker being able to sing and act? That's funny." Flash exclaimed and MJ shut her book.

"Not as funny as you thinking you could. You sounded horrendous and I am pretty sure almost everyone went deaf." MJ shot back and smirked at Flash's flushed face.

"Mr. Parker, will you audition?" Mr. Williams clasped his hands together and Peter looked between Ned and MJ who nodded and shrugged.

"Um, I don't-"

"Please Mr. Parker, I am begging you. You can't be worse than Mr. Thompson." The teacher gave no fucks that he just roasted a student and Peter sighed.

"Okay." MJ smirked as Peter walked to the stage and stood there awkwardly as MJ started chuckling.

"We're gonna do a run through of 'The other side', so P.T. to the stage." Peter's classmate Abe stepped up and Peter read the lines, though he already knew every line, seeing as this is his favorite musical.

"You might find yourself a free man." Abe started. "Right here, right now
I put the offer out
I don't wanna chase you down
I know you see it
You run with me
And I can cut you free
Out of the drudgery and walls you keep in
So trade that typical for something colorful
And if it's crazy, live a little crazy
You can play it sensible, a king of conventional
Or you can risk it all and see

Don't you wanna get away from the same old part you gotta play?
'Cause I got what you need
So come with me and take the ride
It'll take you to the other side
'Cause you can do like you do
Or you can do like me
Stay in the cage, or you finally take the key
Oh, damn! Suddenly you're free to fly
It'll take you to the other side." Abe sang and Peter made the facial expressions as the actor, pretending to be relaxing, before cutting in.