Andoria

You and Saru stepped off of the elevator and looked around. You were now beneath the icey surface of the planet and inside the network of cold grey tunnels that made up the many cities of Andoria. You looked up to the tall Kelpien, who was noticibly shivering less than when you two were on the surface. There were a few other Shenzhou crew members among the busy native Andorians, but generally the initial rush of Starfleet people you expected to be there were now probably off exploring, enjoying their shore-leave.

"Sir?" you said gently, getting the attention of the man next to you. Saru then looked down at you as he adjusted his parka.

"Yes, lieutenant?"

"Are you alright?" you asked with a small chuckle, patting his arm. He looked down at your hand that was touching him curiously, then looked back up into your eyes.

"Of course I am. It's not nearly as cold down here as it was up there, so soon I think I will have adjusted to the temperature," Saru replied in his usual matter-of-fact tone. You couldn't help but smile, patting his arm once more and then pulling your hand away.

"Well that's good. Let's go take a look around, shall we?" Saru nodded in reply and you both started to walk around. Making your way to the exit of the Welcoming Center, you both maneuvered around Andorians and Starfleet personnel. The large doors slid open, revealing to you and Saru the capital city of Andoria; Laikan. It was, as you expected, busy with people.

"How long do we get to stay, lieutenant?" Saru then asked as you both looked around. You glanced down at a watch and smiled up at him.

"We have about 16 hours to explore, if I'm remembering right. I think that's plenty of time, don't you sir?" You asked with a small grin. 

"That's more than enough time; I don't think we'll be down here for more than an hour or two," Saru remarked as you both walked along the street. You shrugged with a smile on your face. 'Just an hour or two' didn't sound like enough to you, but you didn't want to argue with your superior on it. As you two strolled down the busy streets of Laikan, you turned your head to look inside the passing shops and businesses through their windows.

One place caught your eye in particular. Inside, Andorians and other humanoids sat at tables, holding drinks in their hands and laughing. A nice little restaurant bar, how cute. However, you weren't hungry, and it might be weird to take your superior in for a dinner date. You continued on, walking with Saru while scanning the area with your eyes.

You glanced at Saru, who was seemingly focused on something in the distance. "Sir? Is there something you see over there?" You asked as you stepped closer to him. The Kelpien looked down at you, then nodded and pointed at what he was staring at in the distance.

"Yes, the Laikan Art Museum. I've heard Andorians are fantastic artists," Saru said. You smiled wide.

"Well let's go look for ourselves then! This might be our only chance of taking a look," you suggested, and stepped forward to make your way to the large museum ahead. Saru followed beside you.

"I suppose we could look for a little while. Though I'm not quite knowledgeable in art, I'm sure we could learn something interesting." You giggled gently at Saru's little tangent. Both of you looked at each other and Saru raised his brow. "What's so funny, lieutenant?"

"We don't have to learn anything from the art, we could just enjoy the art, sir." The Kelpien tilted his head, confused. You laughed more. "You need to start enjoying things more without thinking so hard about it. I know you like to work, but you should really give your brain a break sir!"

Saru seemed almost embarrassed, but he smiled. As you both walked together, side by side, he gave a little sigh and a chuckle. "I suppose you have a point there, lieutenant." You nodded.