Chapter 3

Jay sighed and ran a freckled hand through his curls. "Damn. What the hell was Sensei going on about? I already got my true potential. And I'm pretty sure Nya is still into me. What am I doing wrong?" He sighed and shook off the feeling before heading to the training grounds.

~

"Jesus Christ! Since when has it been so hot?!" Jay wiped his brow and groaned.

Cole laughed and tossed Jay's training nun chucks to their owner. "Jay, I didn't think heat was your opposite too. Frostie's been sweatin' like a sprinkler!"

Jay glanced at Zane with a smirk. Zane wiped his moist face and sighed. "I still need to figure out my system. I don't even know how I'm sweating. I supposed my exterior is genuine, operating flesh, with pores and hair follicles and sweat glands and..."

Cole raised an eyebrow at Zane. "Um, earth to Mr. Freeze? You've been even more talkative than Jay lately!"

Zane blushed and gave a small smile. "I am sorry. I guess I'm just excited to figure out who I really am. Imagine being reborn with no idea of who you are, and being born once more with all the knowledge of the world. I don't know everything, but it certainly feels that way."

Jay sort of tuned out on their conversation and thought about what Sensei had told him. But mostly he was thinking about Nya. Sweet, sweet Ny- *WHACK!!*

Jay rubbed his shoulder and whipped his head around. "See? I told ya he would wake up if we did that!" Jay glared at a smug Kai, who held a nin jo in his right hand. "You were sleeping for quite some time." Zane stated, a look of concern on his face. "Are you feeling well?"

He was sleeping? Why the hell didn't they try to wake him up?

"I- I guess it's just the heat." Jay sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Look, guys, I'm gonna skip out on dinner tonight. I'm just gonna go straight to bed after a shower, okay?" Without waiting for a response, Jay left as soon as he could. He had to clear his mind. He... He had to... To...

Jay turned on the cold shower and immediately jumped in. Placing his head on the wall of the shower, and sighed. Okay Jay... one thing at a time. Think of Nya and her sweet, sweet scent... Jay smiled to himself and looked at his reflection in the shower tiles.

A pair of red eyes stared him right in the face. But it wasn't just anyone's eyes. It mirrored his exact position.

They were his.