one

daniel walked along the wet sidewalk in the autumn air, soaking in the atmosphere and its woes, which were quite similar to his own.

for the past few days he hadn't felt at peace. he couldn't pinpoint the issue, but he thought it would just resolve itself.

the fact that he had felt this way for this long was alarming, but he didn't like showing it.

"hey, dani," his friend corbyn shook his shoulder, concerned about the boy beside him, knowing he was thinking too much. "you okay?"

"yea," daniel sighed, looking down at his feet, kicking every pebble that stands in his way. "just kinda out of it."

"that's okay man," corbyn said softly, patting daniel's back. "wanna go watch project runway or the good place or something?"

"sure," daniel smiled happily. this kid always knew how to get to him.

the two continued walking down the concrete path until a boy started approaching them quickly on a skateboard. daniel looks up at the boy before he moved out of the way. his chocolate-brown eyes were glaring at him slightly. the boy averted his gaze, looking down at the ground. he rolled past the two, continuing on with his day.

"what was his problem?" corbyn scoffed, looking down at his wet shoes.

"probably just in a rush," daniel sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "let's go watch some netflix, yeah?"

the two ended their day cuddled on the couch, currently on season two episode three of the good place. daniel couldn't even focus on the show as his mind drifted towards those chocolate eyes.

they seemed so sad.
and so familiar.
who is this guy?

daniel doesn't remember that this guy is jack avery- his ex-boyfriend that was supposedly lost in a house fire, never to be seen again...