Chapter 6

KATE'S P.O.V

Being in the same group as Toby is the most annoying thing in the world.  I never expected that one horrible flight from New York to Orlando isn't enough.  Now he's gonna be around me for a couple months?  Dude I need a break.

"Kate?  Kate!"  Shania elbowed my stomach.

"What?"

"Liz's calling you!"  She whispered.

"Hmm?  Why me?"  I snapped back myself to the ground.

"Because she wants to.  What's on your mind, girl?"

"Nothing."  I shrugged it off.  I just realized that Toby was actually standing behind me, pretty close.  That's probably why I felt like I've been haunting.

"Katelin!  Come here!"  Liz waved.

"Yeah, you need something?"

"Exactly.  This is the list that you and your group needs to do for this week.  It's the task."  She handed me a piece of paper.  I surrounded by some other groups' representations too.

"Or...phanage?"  I spelled.

"Yes.  There will be downtown park, school for disable children, mute children painting program, and some other things.  You'll get this first."  Liz explained.

"And there'll be like rotating session?"

"Exactly."  She nodded.

"Alright."  I walked back to my group.  "This."  Soon I handed to no one in particular.

"What's that?"  Riley took it from my hand.

"This week's task."

"Nice one.  I like children."  Connor cheered.

"Yup, it's our first task.  Liz said that it'll be rotated every week."

"Good.  Let's have a meeting then."  Shania looked at me.  "What about our house?"

"Nice idea."  Riley nodded.

"Hey Toby, do you have any suggestion?"  Shania asked again which made everybody frozen, looking at him.

"I'm in.  Anything is fine."  He said in short.

"Wonderful day."  I murmured.

We ran slowly to me and Shania's house, which probably soon be our group basecamp.  The guys said that it will be fine for them to run back and forth from ours to theirs, even though in late nights, instead of us doing it.  So yeah, it's settled.

"So first up, who's got an idea for this?"  Connor started once we gather at the front room.

"I think I know how it will work."  I cleared my throat.  "We will be split by tasks.  For example, I can handle the children, but I need one more person with me.  Then we can make something for the girls like cooking session.  I think...  Shania can handle?  And the last one is for the boys, maybe any of you can make a cool playground.  And finally, we gather in the afternoon for one last music session where you'll be playing for them."

They're all staying in silence.  No response.  No one make a move.  Frozen.  

"Guys?  It's getting creepy.  Say something?"  I raised an eyebrow.

"Great...job..."  Thomas clapped his hands with that shocked expression.

"No it's not."  I rolled my eyes playfully.

"No, really Kate, that's brilliant."  Riley shook his head.

"Well you're all weird."  I went to the kitchen and took a glass of water.

"See?  I told you, my friend is the smartest!"  Shania yelled.  "So, I need a help.  Who's gonna help me with the cake making session?"

"I think I can do it."  Riley offered himself.

"Oh."  I nodded meaningfully.  "Good.  And who'll be with me?"

"Me, definitely!"  Connor answered.

"I know you will."  I chuckled.  "Good.  Everybody's good?"

"Yeah!  I can make one cool playground with Tobs, yeah dude?"  Thomas shook Toby's hand.

"Got some ideas for it."  Toby nodded.  Wow.  First time.

"Share us?"  Shania requested.

"Should I?"  Toby smiled to Shania then glanced over me with that kind of uncomfortable look.

"We're at the same group, alright bro?  Stop it."  I confronted.

"What do you want me to do?"  He, surprisingly, confronted back.

"You don't know?  Start with being a polite guy!  Just like them."  I pointed to the rest of the guys.

"Whatever you say."  He took his phone and started playing with it.

"Oh God, save me..."  I sighed.

"Tobs, let it go."  Connor reminded.

"I am letting go.  You ask her though."  He answered.

"Ask me by yourself when you're done with that mood!"  I shouted so loud.

I left everybody at the front room.  Felt guilty though.  And I think I need Connor to speak.  He's the wisest.  But opening my door again after I shut it dramatically will be so funny.  So I stayed inside, and fell asleep right away.