Emotional Talk

BETTY POV

I sat at my laptop in the morning working on a profile for mom. She came downstairs and made coffee.

"Good morning, Elizabeth. What are you working on?"

"I'm making you, a dating profile! This website has people in your age range and already have kids of their own."

"Betty, what's this for?"

"You lost dad and now you're getting ready to lose me too. You were so sad all the time and you hardly go out of bed. A new man and you're two other kids will keep you company." I shrugged.

"Betty, just stop." Mom said getting teary-eyed and she shut the laptop. I pulled it open though and mom just started to cry.

"Mom, from the time I was little...we always knew. We always that it was never a matter of 'if', it was always a matter of 'when'. We all knew that this would happen to me. My time has come, Mom. I'm not scared."

"But I am! I don't want to lose my baby. Every night you left the house, I was always scared that you'd trigger skin cancer. When you didn't answer your phone, it terrified me!"

"Listen to me. You shouldn't have to be alone through this. When I go, I want you to promise me a few things." I said starting to cry myself.

"Ok."Mom said through tears.

"I want you to travel and meet a man who will treat you like his queen. Continue life and hardly even think of me."

"I'm always gonna think about you." Mom said. We hugged and it was a passionate hug it was nice and I felt good.

"Now Elizabeth, let's find me a stud muffin!" Mom exclaimed. I giggled and we started to look through the people. We had fun and completely forgot about the situation.