19 | Home

1.9 Home

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Part II: The Universes Roundhouse Kick

Third Person, Omniscient

The walking was long, slow paced as if everyone knew they needed a break but couldn't take one.

It was weird having a group this big out in the open, not being confused to four walls or having a place to sit.

The last time Thalia had been apart of a group this but was at the campsite, when they lost Bailey and Lucas' mom. even then it was only a small number of people, forming a small community and living together.

It was overwhelming to say the least, everyone seemed to be caught up in their own little worlds.

Rick and Carl were up at the front with Judith, spending much needed time with her. Sasha and Tyrese shared whispers, bumping together every so often and sharing smiles.

Lucas was with Bailey, Carol with Daryl.

Thalia stayed behind, not wanting to impose on everyone's bonding moments.

Plus there was too much on her mind, she feared that if she tried speaking the words would get caught up in her throat and she'd choked. So she didn't speak.

Just watched.

Watched the leaves fall and the light fade, watched the way the group was so close knit.

It only took a few hours for someone to come beside her, to fall in step with her and walk beside her in silence.

After a few minutes they finally spoke, catching her attention and dragging her eyes away from her own feet.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like shit," she responded her voice soft as she glanced up at the man beside her.

Glenn nodded in agreement gently taking the others arm and slinging it over his shoulder, taking the weight off of her injured leg.

"We should be stopping soon, getting some rest for the night."

"I'm not really keen on sleeping," she mumbled dragging her leg uselessly behind her as the group slowed to a stop and began stepping down into a clearing.