Chapter 2 -- "You and I have business to attend to"

The dawn sky was a pinkish blanket over the abandoned city where Freddy Fazbear Pizza stood alone. Few oak trees stood stony black against the sky. The concreate parking lot was so small that it could only fit around a score of cars; vans or large trucks weren't allowed to fit in each parking space completely. However, no cars were present.

The screen door opened with a note in front saying "Closed for good!!" It swung open as Foxy the Pirate hobbled out with effort. Right behind him, Aria the Wolf walked at a much slower pace, still aclimating to her new endoskeleton. She nearly bumped into Foxy as he stopped to an abrupt halt. They stood several feet before the entrance, facing the road, cracked and unused, that stretched endlessly in both ways.

Foxy let out a snort of disgust. "This place sickens me to de endoskeleton, aye," he grumbled. He hobbled out into the middle of the street. Aria caught up heartbeats later. They stopped again. Foxy lifted his muzzle, gazing around with one uncovered eye. He stared off into the horizon. It was late dawn, the lightening pink sky dappled with orange clouds, the sun peering behind the largest one. They scudded at ease and had seemed to become tinier closer to the horizon.

Aria, her system now in full condition and complete upgrade, twitched an ear, following his gaze. "That looks like a beautiful scenery." she mused.

As she spoke, she felt cold air hit against her pelt. Foxy has left again! He was already at the other side of the ruined road, hobbling and limping with all the strength he had. They trekked for the rest of the way over a stretch of tall grass that brushed against their knees. With Foxy in the lead, Aria followed at ease, feeling the gratitude and security that surged trough her endoskeleton beneath her creator's orders.

Foxy began speaking without looking back at her. "So, yarg, ye a wolf, he say? " he said gently.

"Yeah." she replied.

"If ye stayed back there," he looked back at her, both eyes revealed and glistening nebulously, "ye would've made a great entertainer for der children."

Aria tilted her head to the side. "What makes you say that?" she muttered.

"I can already tell that he have spunk."

Aria remained silent, lost in the pirate's random kindness. His voice was still roguish and husky, but light with curiosity.

"I was the suspect in the 'Bite of '87'." he pointed out, looking away from her. He paused to leap over a stranded rabbit hole. Aria leaped over it, almost losing her footing afterwards. She quickly caught up with Foxy as he continued. "I bit der child's head til its scream reached to der seven seas. Later, I was thrown into the pirate's cove, left to rot away on my own. I was considered dangerous."

Aria's heart felt heavy with sympathy at the fox's tone at his last words before he left her in silence again. Dangerous? she thought as she observed the way he limped and trudged on. His head was hung low, his lower jaw dangling on one side. She could see his back fangs shining in the morning light. The sun bathed them with reassuring warmth and made their pelts glow, casting long shadows behind them as if they were tall creatures. The clouds were now gone

A long way they traveled and their systems were becoming tiresome. They were at the edge of a dense forest. The canopies stretched out til they reached the sky. The forest altogether had casted a deep shadow across the pair of animatronics.

With a sigh that could cause clouds to scud, Foxy slowed to a stop and collapsed on his bottom. He leaned his back against a near tree. Aria sat beside him, their legs brushed against each other. She could feel his wide gaps that exposed his endoskeleton. The eye patch over his right eye had automatically closed. His uncovered eye was slightly open.

"Do you know exactly where're we going?" asked Aria softly, not wanting to disturb the fox's dozing off.

Foxy flitted his lethargic eye at her, as if he was expected to answer a rhetorical question.

"Um, okay then, good night?" It wasn't close to even getting dark! Aria wasn't really tired. After being created into an animatronic she was fizzing with energy. Maybe it wouldn't hurt if I went exploring around the forest for a bit. Giving one last look at Foxy, who was fast asleep, snoring softly, she rose to her feet and tiptoed through the barrier of ferns and bushes that shielded the forest.