01

ONE: "UNARGUABLE LOGIC"

"SO YOU'RE TELLING ME, you were invited to Brad Simpson's birthday party, and you aren't going?" My best friend Sasha shrieks. I shake my head, confused because she was genuinely offended by my busy schedule. "That's it, you aren't allowed to make decisions anymore. You're cut off from decision-making."

I laugh - almost choking on my coffee - and bump my friend's shoulder with my own. "Alright, Sasha, whatever you say," I giggle, walking down the street when the signal turned green.

"Don't walk away from me, Hunter," the girl warns, walking faster to catch up with my fast pace. "Why don't you just go? It'll be so much fun. Plus, I can come too!" She says, the last part coming out more excitedly than the rest of her attempt at reasoning with me.

I shake my head, my focus still trying to not get killed by the rushing Californians. "I'm too busy."

"Doing what? Your month-long break started yesterday," Sasha says. Now I can't see her face, but I'm extremely certain she rolled her eyes.

I frown, realizing my friend was right. I bite my lip, trying to think anything else I have to do. "Why can't I think of anything I have to do?" I panic out loud.

That was good enough for Sasha. She grinned (quite evilly) and clapped her hands together in glee. "It's done then, you're coming!" She squeals. "Come, we have to get ready," she takes my free hand and starts pulling me in the direction of our apartment building.

"It's noon!" I remind her loudly, attempting to skid my sneaker-clad feet on the pavement in hopes to slow my caffeine-induced friend down.

"That gives us eight hours to look bloody perfect!" She rallies back, throwing a cheeky smile over her shoulder.

Well, I couldn't argue with that logic.

We enter our building, sending a sweet smile to the lady sitting at the front desk who's name we still don't know. She grimaces in return.

She doesn't like us very much.

We walk to the elevator with Sasha talking highly of the party she hasn't even been to yet. I tried to ignore her to the best of my ability, more worried about the fact that I was going to see my old friend again.

It's been about three years since I've seen Brad. We've tried to keep in contact as best we could, but we both have packed schedules and time was not on our side.

I feel butterflies forming in my stomach at the thought of seeing him again. Back then, I was an intern working for my mom, and I got placed to help The Vamps get dressed for interviews and such. That was fun, but now I get to work alongside my mother and pitch in my own ideas for the next fashion line.

That's kind of how I'm living on my own with my friend at the age of 18.

The elevator dings and Sasha and I get off, instinctively walking towards apartment 14A. I unlock the door and walk in, breathing a sigh of relief. I make a beeline for my couch and perform a very unladylike flop, feeling at ease as the soft material hits my back.

That, however, was shortlived when I feel Sasha tug on my hanging leg harshly. I groan - the sound resembling a moose when it's angry - and get up, glaring at my friend who was glaring back at me.

"Now is not the time to be lazy, Hunter," she snaps, letting my leg fall forcefully to the ground. "We now have 7 hours and 50 minutes, so you better get your ass off that couch or so help me-"

I jump up, raising my arms in surrender, "Woah, there, no need to get hasty now," I chuckle nervously. "Look, I'm already walking to my room," I add, as I make my way down the hall quickly. I stop at my door, turning around with a frown when I notice Sasha right behind me and not in her room across from mine. "Why aren't you picking out your outfit?"

"Because I had mine planned out since you told me you were invited to this party," she says simply, pushing past me to get into my room. I roll my eyes but follow her anyways.

I walk with my eyes on the floor because of all the crap I have laying on it. While my overly-bubbly friend is practically flying through my room, I take careful, calculated steps to make sure I don't accidentally step on a sewing needle or something.

I finally make it to my closet and take a seat on the floor in front of Sasha. She was whizzing through and dismissing half my clothes like a T-Rex would if someone offered it a salad.

"You'd think that for a designer, you'd have nicer clothes," she comments, throwing things left and right. I duck down, narrowly missing getting hit in the face with my new boots.

"Uh huh, okay, are you done trashing my clothes and my dignity yet?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest tightly. Sasha doesn't answer me, but this time, when she pulls something off the rack, she doesn't whip it across the room like a fireball.

"This," she smiles, handing me a beige laced crop top and the matching skirt. I didn't even know I had this, to be honest. It's from my new fashion line. I shrug nonchalantly (as if I wasn't freaking out on the inside) and accept the outfit. "Your mom should totally hire me," she notes thoughtfully.

I place the clothes on my bed, making some sound so Sasha knows I didn't ignore her. "Can we get lunch?" I ask hopefully.

"Sure," the blonde says, "the hard part is definitely over."

I scrunch my eyebrows together. "That was the hard part?" I ask in disbelief. Picking out outfits was practically my job. "Maybe my mom should hire you."

Sasha grins, "Damn right she should."

(note!)

chapter oneeeeeeeee

i hope you like my dudes

next is the party and the nhc meeting!! im kinda pumped
let me know if you wanna read more i have like 6 prewritten chapters

don't forget to vote!