I

♣♣

AUGUST 2029

      Eeer I'm late, I shouldn't stay up last night and only watch those sappy lesbian series in Netflix.

"Sissy the breakfast was ready!" I heard my little brother voice downstairs. He's the one who always make breakfast for both of us.

I was wearing my white blouse with pastel blue strips and pair it with black pencil cut skirt. I put my hair in ponytail, it makes me looks so professional?

I go downstairs and I saw my little brother wearing a apron while still flipping the last batch of pancake.

"Go dig in, you're going to be late on your work" He said. He was 19 years old currently taking architecture in college. I sat on the chair and start eating. I spend my five minutes just to finish my breakfast.

"Bye Jay!" I shout and go to my garage. I throw my bag soon as I open the car's door.

"What's up Amber? You woke up late again do you?" Her breathy and a teasing voice made me rolled my eyes. It took ten minutes till I got here. I violate so many laws.

"I know that Cate" I placed me bag and  gently sit down in my fluffy chair. My chair is one of the reason why I love going to work. I spin my chair counterclockwise and open my metal cabinet behind my back and pull out the heavy pile of paper and placed in my oak table.

"Where's the list of my patient?" I tried to find it. Cate pass me a list of names "Here, I just add new patient, She was 9 years old" I noticed her mood change into sad one. I watched her trying to distract hersef.

I sighed because I know the reason why she act like that after she mention my new patient. She told me that she lost her first daughter 10 years ago. She got pregnant at the age of 17. Due to early pregnancy the baby didn't make it alive. I immediately think how I'm gonna bring up Cate moods up again.

"Cate?" She looked up. Her eyes was in verge of crying.

"Yes?"

"Kindly give it to Derrick" I passed the other pile of papers. It was five patients who finished their session last month.

"W-wait" She get up and looked up the mirror and check herself and smiled.

This girl always conscious about her look when it comes to Derrick. Derrick was the head of this hospital and Cate had huge crush on her.

"You already looked good, now go" I chuckled. I checked my schedule today and I only have three patient who has a session in different time. God must be good and give me less work today. I'm going to meet my new patient in five hours. Being in this field thought me lots of things.

After I met the other patients I finally met the little girl.

"So what we got here, Nice to meet you sweetie" The little girl sat in the chair that I provide for her.

"Hi" She said timidly.

"I'm Doctor Amber though you can call me Doc or just Amber itself was okay" She looked hurt and lost. I shift from my seat, I need to know her first.

"What is your name little girl?"

"I'm Seven, Seven White. I'm nine years old" She can't looked at me straight. She was looking around trying to distract herself. She was probably nervous.

"Do you know why are you here?" I asked her.

"Because my adopted parents thinks I'm not normal" She lower her head, probably ashamed. Why the hell on earth this adoptive parents think she was not normal?