Prologue

No one said life would be perfect. No one has ever woken up one day thinking that life would be perfect no matter how many fairy-tale movies they've watched or cliches they've read. I certainly did not expect life to be a nice warm cup of tea. I already expected bad days, bad weeks, evil crowding upon the good. But I will tell you what I certainly did not expect at all, I did not expect my whole world to come crashing down at once.

I did not expect that black void to open up right under my own two feet, sucking me into an everlasting fall of darkness. For its air to rush past me with its arms reaching out and hands grabbing my throat suffocating me endlessly. The feeling of nausea it created, almost like I was falling from so so high, as it drilled down my throat and into the pit of my stomach. For the darkness to cloud my sight of all vision, leaving nothing but black in its path. Just black. For it to leave me alone with nothing but the whispers and murmurs of gentle violent words created by the souls of my own mind that caused my bones to shatter. My color to drain. My body to run cold. My voice to disappear and my heart to go stone.

I was drowning but not in water. Suffocating but not from the lack of air. Blind but not from the light. Cold but not from winter. Alone but not from having nobody around, there were many people around me, many people next to me. Loud and laughing, joyful and poetic. At ease and tranquil but it was not enough to stop its hands from wrapping around me, even if these people in this room right now were the closest ever to me. They weren't strong enough to stop my enemy, they weren't aware of it taking me.