Part Two

-Myra's POV-

I awaken to the sound of banging pans and the smell of cooking eggs. I roll over and glance at my clock. 7:03AM. I have to be up and at school in an hour and 57 minuets. My first day at a new school. Wonderful.

I fling off my blanket and sit on the edge of my bed. I stay there for what seems like forever, mentally preparing myself. Because I know as soon as I step foot outside that door, there's no turning back. But I can't seem to shake the feeling I have in my stomach. I usually pass it off as nerves but I can't seem to shake it.

I eventually make my way downstairs to where I see Malachi standing over the stove, frying some eggs in a pan.

"Good morning sleepy head. Not like you to sleep in so much on a first day." He smirks, hair messed and spatula in hand. He has plates of toast and bacon next to him on the marble countertop. I drag my feet over to where he stands, flipping eggs.

"Not like you to be up before midday on a school day brother" I laugh and I place a hand on his shoulder, shaking gently. He laughs and nudges me with his elbow before turning around, taking the frying pan with him. He places the eggs on separate plates and pushes one toward me.

"Mum and Dad left early for the city so sorry to say, you're stuck with me Myra." He plops down onto one of the island bar stools, grabbing pieces of toast and bacon for his plate.

I follow suite, opting for the large dining table, rather than the cold bench top. We both eat in silence, preferring to mentally prepare for the day ahead. I still haven't been able to shake the sickly feeling I woke up with.

-

The school looks like any other high school you've seen. A main building right as you pull up to the curb. Other smaller buildings are in semi straight rows behind, with a large hall to the left.

We pull into the school's parking lot. It is filled with other students cars and groups of students standing around, filling the morning with idle chatter and gossip from the weeks prior. As I look around the parking lot, all eyes seem to be on Malachi and I. Malachi's car is a sleek black sports car. Our parents gifted it to him for his 18th birthday. He acted as though it was owed to him.

We find a park near the east end of the park and decide to pull up. Stepping out of the car was the most nerve wrecking thing I have ever done. A group of nearby girls, around my age, starred at me as I stepped out of the car, slinging my backpack over my shoulder.

I give a weak smile to the group as I walk past, earning a laugh. I suppose they could see my nervousness.

"Alright I'll see you at 3." Malachi spoke, making me jump slightly.

"3? Classes don't finish until 3:30." I replied. He usually always left classes early. Whenever he wanted really, that's just how he was. But I refused to let him drag me into trouble. "I'll just catch the bus home if you're that eager to leave on the hour." I rolled my eyes and waved a hand at my older brother and I walked towards the main building. I wasn't entirely sure where I was going or what I was doing but chances are Malachi didn't either so it was no use attempting to ask him.

As I approached the main building, I notice a girl standing by the doors. She was quite meek, fumbling with a bunch of papers in her hands while trying to keep her glasses up. I slowly walk up to her as she looks in my direction. She straightens her posture and sticks her hand out.

"You must be new too! I'm Alice." The girl, Alice, enthusiastically says, grabbing my hand and shaking vigorously. I give her a nervous smile as to try and match her enthusiasm but it doesn't seem to work. I'm not fooling anyone.

-

The morning goes by fairly quickly. Maths. English. Not really learning much, just going through the syllabus for the term before completing a few handouts and being given our reading materials.

By the time I realise, it's lunch time. This is the point of the day I was dreading. I didn't know anyone besides my brother and as I enter the lunch hall, I notice he is already sat at a table with his previously stated friends. As I walk through the crowd of high school students, I gain a few glares, probably given that I am the new girl.

Out of the corner of my eye I notice a familiar face, Alice, the girl from before. She looks up as I make eye contact and she, again waves with an unmatched enthusiasm.

I figure to myself, I have no other friends and any friend is a good friend to start with. I begin to make my way over to her when I am knocked to my feet.

I gently sit up, looking to my right to see exactly who had so rudely bumped into me. I am met with big, blue eyes, an endearing smile, topped with sandy blonde hair, styled quite messily.

He helps himself up before extending a hand out to help me. I am just caught staring at him before I realise people are beginning to stare. I quickly take his hand and am hoisted to my original height.

"I am so so sorry! I didn't see you there." He state apologetically, then holding up his phone, "Too glued to this thing I guess" he lets out a laugh before picking up my own phone which was knocked out of my hand in the collision.

I take my phone from his grasp, "Thanks..." I leave the phrase open, hoping he will pick it up and finish with a name.

"Declan. Pleasure." He finishes, grabbing my hand, turning it over and planting a kiss on the backside, as if in a cheesy romance. I gives me another smile before turning and walking toward the exit. I am left standing in the middle of the lunch hall, all eyes on me.

I eventually make my way over to Alice to is giving me a look I am unable to read.

"What?" I ask her, taking a seat across from her. She just lets out a low laugh and shakes her head.

"That's Declan Grant. My older sister used to go here a few years back and told me that even back then, he wasn't the best guy to get tangled up with." She finishes with a forkful of her Mac and Cheese she has on her tray.

I turn and look at the exit. My mind reeling. Just what exactly, does this handsome stranger to to warrant such a reputation.