Chapter 9 (Mary Kate)

It's been a few weeks since I've started teaching the football players, each of them are doing amazing and I haven't had any problems with Alex since that first day. James and Peter have been giving me a lot of rides lately to Mr. Charters's house or to where ever I said, not once have I told them, they are great friends, this week is a the last home game before Homecoming so I'm crashing down on the work hard for them, I'm trying to get two weeks of learning done in one week so I can let the coach use the next week for himself, for coaching the guys, except I'm going to be sitting there still working on the work for them and the rest of my work. Along with analyzing the other teams plays. They would have probably won without me doing this anyway but I just want to be able to help, and not be sent to my real classes. "Okay guy I have to tell you something, with next week being homecoming we have to drill this information into your heads this week, so I can give you guys all a free week to get ready for the game!" I said and all the guys cheered, they were all pumped for next weeks game "Now lets get this thing started." I said and I first started with English today, I always save Math for after lunch since I want them all to eat something before hand.

We quickly did every lesson today and started on tomorrows we are trying to do 2 days in one day, so it's kinda hard on the guys but they are all so pumped for next week that it's easy.

Today went quickly and none of us had practice today, but surprisingly everyone stayed after in the field house and helped me clean up our mess from today, normally its just me, Peter, and James who stay and clean but not today. The mess was cleaned up very quickly and I went to grab my bag "Hey you guys where's my bag at?" I asked not seeing my bag where I had left it.

"That old bag that was about to fall apart?" Sam asked he was Peter's younger brother.

"Yeah it has all my work in it and I have to turn in the reports before I leave" I said looking for my bag everywhere.

"Well we all thought you could use a better bag so we all chipped in, including Alex, to get you a new bag" James said as he walked over to the office, he had pulled out a blue and silver zig zag canvas bag that has blue straps and was about the same size as my old one and handed it to me, the colors were the same as the school colors. When I looked at the flap of it on top it had MK embroidered on it along with SWHS and Flute all in black "we put all of your stuff in here as well."

"I love it you guys" I said happily, I wonder how they knew I would like something like this "but how did you know I would like this?" I asked.

"James was the one who came up with the design and everything about it, he drew the picture for it that we showed to some people here that know how to sew and they made it for us, the picture was better than this but well we can't win them all." Alex said, I was shocked that James was the one who came up with the idea.

"Well thank you all, seriously thank you" I said and went around giving them all a hug, saving James for last, when I had wrapped my arms around him for his hug, he hugged me in a bear hug.

"You deserve it girl just wish we could have come up with something better for you then just a backpack" Peter said, "now go turn in those reports we will finish up here and give you a ride."

"Thanks you guys" I said and ran off to the office after I pulled my hair back into a ponytail.

"Hello Ms. Jones, I'm guessing you have some reports for us" Mrs. Cambridge said, she was the principal who loved all the students.

"Yes, I do, I had finished them over the weekend this time so I can work on work for the guys during the week instead" I said taking the backpack off my back.

"When did you get that, it not the one you had before is it?" she said when she saw my bag and I was taking out the reports and my assignments.

"All of the football players chipped in and got it for me to say thank you for tutoring them all, I think its sweet" I said and put my little sticky notes on each one for who they were for.

"Well, that's really sweet of them all to do that for you, I wonder who's idea it was" she said looking at my bag closer "what's MK?" she asked.

"It was James's idea I guess and Mary-Kate they nicknamed me MK, since Mary-Kate is a mouthful to say all the time" I said, "mind if I go put these back in the boxes?" I asked as I put the stack back together.

"Go on ahead, and it's clear they all have taken a shine to you, they all seem to be looking out for you" she said following me to be back.

"I think so too, they can't stand the rest of the band though just me, so it's kinda funny on the bus rides I'm now sitting in the back having a blast with them while the other band members are fearing them all" I said laughing as I put each stack of paper in the correct box, sometimes having to stand on something to reach the top 3 rows, I'm only 4'8" so compared to the rest of the school I'm pretty short, but I like it that way.

"Well, that's how high school works I guess, but at least they found a band student they do like, and I'm thinking someone might have a crush developing?"

That's the thing about Mrs. Cambridge she can read everyone easily, she can tell quickly if someone just went through a breakup or was asked out by someone they really like "that obvious?" I asked.

"For me it is, now what one of those guys is it?" she said like she was a teenager talking with her best friend.

"James" I said and I couldn't help but smile when I said his name.