Chapter 24 New Job?

Hola, hope you enjoy this chapter guys. 😊
........................................................................

Y/n's P.O.V:

I woke up the next morning with a nasty ass headache. When Darry left my and Two-Bit's room, I laid down in bed thinking what he said. He was right about everything he told me. So, why not give it a shot. I got up, went to the bathroom with my clothes to get ready for the day.

Once I finished getting ready, I looked up at the clock and it was 7:32. I sighed, I knew today was going to be a long day. Darry, Soda, and Steve are going to be at work, Johnny and Pony would be at school, Two-Bit and Dally would probably go to Buck's to get drunk or look for trouble. I still won't return school in like 3 or 4 days. Darry and Two-Bit said to get comfortable about going back to school. I really don't want to go back.

The smell of eggs and bacon snapped me out of my thoughts, Darry or Pony is probably making breakfast, I thought.

I went downstairs and went to the kitchen. Surprisingly, the whole gang was already here. Well, besides Soda, he was taking a shower. "G'morning guys." I got g'mornings and hi's in return. Darry was making breakfast and it looked like he needed help. So I decided to help him.

"Hey Dare-bare." I smiled up at him. He smiled back at me and blushed with embarrassment because of the name I called him. "Hey Y/n, ya doing better from yesterday?" I nodded and continued to help him with breakfast. He was trying to stop me from helping him.

"Honey, you don't have to help me, why don't you sit down and talk to Pony or someone?" I shook my head and laughed. "Darry, you need help, you're taking care of 7 people and yourself. Its the least I can do, besides, I am talking to someone. I'm talking to you." I laughed and Darry just shook his head and smiled. (Tell me how I laughed at this 😂)

"'Side's, you're growing grey hair from us," I mumbled. But Darry heard me anyway. "What was that, Y/n?" He playfully glared at me. I stuck my tongue out to him and giggled. Darry and I served breakfast to the gang. It was delicious, Mrs. Curtis did a marvelous job of raising the Curtis brother's. Speaking of her, Mr. and Mrs. Curtis was here with us. They were smiling at me and I was smiling back at them.

I finished my breakfast and went to the kitchen. I put my plate down in the sink and turned around and smiled. "Hey Mr. and Mrs. Curtis, how's it going?" They smiled back at me and hugged me. Of course, I hugged them back. I love my ability of seeing them and interacting with them. "Everything is going fine honey. We've been watching you and following around you. Also, your parents have been. I know your wondering where they are at now but, they are dealing something with someone. I think you already know who I'm talking about." I nodded, knowing who she was talking about.

I didn't notice that Darry was in here with me until I felt and hand on my shoulder. Darry smiled at me and smiled at his parents. "Hey ma and dad, how's it going?" Darry looked happy like a little kid on Christmas. I wouldn't blame him though. He lost his parents and had to take care of his kid brothers. Not only them, but the whole gang. He grew up too fast for his age and now he barely does anything fun. I wasn't paying attention to their conversation. I didn't even notice the gang coming into the kitchen with us too. Until I felt multiple hands on me.

I snapped out of my thoughts when someone was snapping their fingers in front of my face. It was Mrs. Curtis. "Honey, I would like to talk to you. Would you mind if we go to your room to talk?" I nodded, agreeing with her to talk in my room.

"Wait, if they stop touching me, then they won't see Mr. Curtis anymore." She just smiled and chuckled a little. I was obviously confused about that. "They don't need to hold on to you. They can just touch you for 5 seconds then they can see us and let go. They will be able to see us if we are with them and they touched you. Once we leave, they won't see us no more. Now, c'mon my child, let's go talk." I nodded and we went to my room.