Chapter 3

AfterAfter a failed attempt to pull Allen away from an entire bowl of Halloween candy, they had settled for taking the bowl and returning it later. The group had staggered out, barely making it through a bit of uneven sidewalks and a few wrong turns, turning the normally thirty minute walk to Tiedoll's house into an hour-long struggle.

At least halfway through the walk, Lavi had begun to sing 500 miles, miraculously getting both Allen and Kanda to join him in the song. Neither of the three at this point were the steadiest on their feet.

"Can I....us...you? Get food?" Allen slurred.

"But you ate more than half the bowl of candies," Lenalee protested.

"I could do food," Lavi seconded the idea.

"You could do anything at this point," Kanda responded snidely.

"I wouldn't do you," Lavi muttered.

"Isn't that Alma's job, anyway?" Lenalee asked and Alma sputtered.

"Don't out me in the middle of the city!" Alma stuttered. "Lenalee, I thought I could trust you with that information!"

"Do you think they're sober enough to remember this is the morning, Karma?" Link asked, attempting to fix the back of Allen's skirt which had once again ended up hiked up just enough to show a peak of ass cheek. The white haired boy promptly turned and grabbed Link's hand.

"If you wanted to touch me so badly you should've just asked... I'd gladly let you," Allen tried to say seductively, trying to bring Link's hand much closer to his own body.

An undignified scream rose from Link's chest as he struggled to pull away from Allen. "Stop! No! Let me go you drunk bastard! Please!" he protested, all to no avail.

Alma and Lenalee were practically as unsteady as the others from laughter, and Lavi stood there, with a hand covering his mouth and a glint in his eyes.

"I didn't know your relationship had escalated that quickly! After all, he is a minor and you are technically on the job," Lavi teased.

"Oh, put a carrot in it, Lavi!" Link shouted. "Walker! Let me go! I'll buy you three cheeseburgers from McDonalds."

At the promise at of food, even drunk Allen gleefully let go of the inspector's arm, saving the blonde man from completely overheating for at least the third time that night.

"I expected nothing less from Cross's apprentice," Kanda slurred.

"Expect instead of a virgin killer he seems to be a man eater," Alma giggled.

"Are you buying for everyone, Link?" Lavi asked.

" I'm not made of money! Do you think Central agency pays me that much?" Link hissed.

"If we give you money, will you?"

"I don't know where you're keeping your money at the moment, and I fear asking." Link muttered with disgust.
Lavi could only waggle his eyebrows before producing a wallet from a pocket in the nun dress. "I'm not Jack Harkness, I don't keep stuff in my butt cheeks."

"Who the hell is Jack Harkness?" Allen giggled.

Lavi gawked. "You're British and you don't know!"

Allen simply shrugged, struggling to stand straight on his feet, giggling even more the less he could walk.

"Maybe feeding him will sober him up..." Alma muttered, watching Lavi and Allen go back to singing as they entered the city center.

The fact that they hadn't seen any police on this walk of shame, even as they hit the city center, was a miracle. The bars had gone quiet, all the patrons had left considering it was already three in the morning, and considering this was the time Cross intended to come home, one could connect that the bars closed earlier than that. The only thing opened was the McDonald's down the street with the poor guys who were unlucky enough to get that shift - Link stopped and remembered what he was wearing - nevermind, the lucky bastards working that shift.
They got to the intersection in the middle of the shopping, waiting for the walk sign to turn for them to cross the street.