12 - Light

"We are stars wrapped in skin. The light you are seeking has always been within."

-Rumi

~~~

*flashback*

2 years ago...

"I wonder if we'll ever get to reach a star." Yue said out of the blue, reaching up to the sky.

Dylan looked at her, remembering similar lines she had as Shan Cai. This time though, the look of wonder in her eyes were real.

"I have." He blurted out, which left a perplexed look on Yue's face.

Dylan smiled because he knew he was going to get an earful from Yue. They might be the only couple in this universe whose love language was bickering.

"What are you talking about Wang He Di?! I know you've done a lot of things already but reaching a---" Yue started on cue.

"You're my star, Shen Yue." he cut her. His heart was too full in this moment because he knew the words he spoke out were true.

Usually, Yue would roll her eyes or retort back at cheesy lines like this but the way he was looking at her left her speechless.

Dylan intertwined his fingers with hers and kissed her hand gently before pulling her in closer for a passionate kiss.

"I love you, Dylan." Yue said in a whisper with their lips still lingering close after the kiss.

When they parted, Dylan pulled her back into an embrace so they both were looking up at the sky again.

"I'm so proud of you, Shen Yue." he said to her hair. "My beautiful girl doing her first international drama. What's next? Conquer the world?" he asked with a smile.

"You're exaggerating, Didi." Yue snickered as she elbowed him. "People have to watch it and like it first."

"No, you have to film it first...miles away from meee..." Dylan whined as he pulled her back, toppling them down on the mat.

She needed to fly out to Singapore for at least 6 months to film her Netflix drama. This would be the first and longest time she would be this far from him.

Yue adjusted herself so that she was lying on his chest, listening to his strong and steady heartbeat. She will surely miss this. She will miss escaping to their rooftop for quiet moments like this.

"It's not that far, Di. I'm sure I'll be able to fly in from time to time. Like we always do." she assured him although she didn't know for sure. It was more of a hopeful declaration.

"Hmm. You better come back to me, Shen Yue. And you better not fall in love with...what's his name again?" Dylan teased.

Yue raised her head up to look at him. "Silly boy. It's Ross, and HE better not fall in love with ME." she joked cheekily, causing Dylan to sit up.

"Shen Yue!?"

She laughed, ruffling his hair. "I'm kidding. You know that will never happen. I am very much taken, Mr. Wang."

"Hell yes you are!" he berated. "You better tell him, or I'll fly over there and knock his teeth off if he tries anything funny."

"Stop acting like a baby, Didi. Of course I'll tell him about us." Yue laughed as Dylan continued to pout.