thisshitgetzold- Christofer drew// [chpt.1: Fresh Air]

------CHRISTOFER'S POV

"we've got it good, whether you like this town or no-" my singing was inturpted but a knock on my door

"chris? you okay?" my mom asked from the oppisite side of the door.

"yeah mom," i laughed "why wouldnt i be ?" i placed my fathers guitar on my bed and opened the door.

"well, chris it is new years eve, are you sure you're not going out?" she asked with a sympathetic look. there was silence, i was clearly not answering- she decided to break it. "look, my friends daughter is having a few friends over.."

"mom, i just kind of want to work on my music," i pointed to the guitar to amplify my comment.

"Please chris, you're father and i would li-"

"mom! i'll go out! i'll go out! but i don't need to hear this." i covered my ears jokingly. "but i don't know this girl , so i can't really just show up"

my mom Just smiled "i already got you an invite."

---------Izzy's POV

"mom, so you invited, a guy. who 1. doesnt have any plans, and 2. doesnt usually hang out with people. is he even our age?" I raged, I actually didnt have a problem with him comming over, but my friends seemed to think that he must be a loser.

"Come on mrs. green! what if he's a loser!" my friend Jenny begged.

"girls! The boys a sweetheart, and! he is a musician!" my mom didn't even look convinced as she spoke.

"what for band class?"i asked while rolling my eyes. I heard a car radio blaring music i wasnt familiar with , but it didnt cover up the sound of the car's engine about to break. "if that's him. i swear." a car door slammed.

my mom mouthed "i'm sorry" before running to open the door.

"dude, how are we gonna explain this to the others, that there's some freak in your living room." Jenny hissed. i heard my mom yell "Chris! nice to meet you!" from the distance.

"i don't know but he's not staying long." I said looking towards the door.

-----------CHRIS'S POV

"mr. tamborine man play a song for me" I sang loudly pulling up to the house.i shut my car off in a hurry, embarrassed by my the noise it was making. I jumped out of my ford and walked towards the house. I looked down at my bare feet, maybe i should've worn shoes. What if they find it weird ? i shook my head and knocked on the door.

"Chris ! it's so nice to meet you!" the lady welcomed loudly , then added quitely "i'm sorry if there rude, the blonde on might give you a hard time." i just smiled and nodded."just put your shoes over ther- oh" she said looking at my feet.

"oh , yeah , i dont really wear shoes." i felt my face going bright red.

"i see, well welcome in, there in the living room , oh and don't worry i wont be here the entire time. you guys still get to party" she nugded me with her elbow and i laughed. she pointed me too the living room.

I walked with one hand on my neck the other awkwardly by my side.

"hey i'm chris," i laughed awkwardly to fill the silence. i looked down at my feet. neither said anything. i looked up for one second and the girl was beautiful. she was just staring at me,

"ahah , so uh, whats your names?"i asked trying to start conversation,

"my names jenny." The blonde girl said while rolling her eyes.

"Izzy," She smiled i felt my face turning red, so i looked back at jenny.

"so, what are our plans for tonight?" i asked nervously,

I wonder if izzy is looking for a new years kiss...

-----------------Izzy's POV (2 hours later)

"10 minutes till midnight!" i screamed, being the only sober one here i thought i didnt have to act the part. i saw jenny flirting with a large group of guys.

"hey , jenny have you seen chris?" i asked, trying to figure out were that boy had gone too, last i saw was him going out for acigarette after jenny said he wasn't involved in our plans.

"i don't know !" she slurred "do you know where chris is ?" she asked the group of guys, just waiting to kiss her at midnight.

"you mean that kid, with barefeet ?" one of the guys asked,

"that kids a loser," another one laughed.

"yes ! the loser with barefeet him! where is he!" i asked hoping they would answer.

"oh in the front, smoking." another guy said. I couldnt believe he was already having another smoke.

"thanks!" I ran to the front door quickly. once i got there, i hesitated. would it seem weird if i just showed up outside? Wait why shouldn't i go out? this is my house. I slowly opened the door, sure enough the boy i wanted to see was sitting on my front porch smoking acigarette. i came up behind him and closed his eyes.

"geuss who!"

"hmm, why don't you just say Jane Doe!" he laughed, his laugh was beautiful.

"come on," i mocked.

"hmm let me geuss. IZZY!" he turned around. "i'm sorry for crashing your party, by the way." he looked down , then back up into my eyes. this was the first time i've actually looked at his eyes. it was beautiful.

"no, no, it's.. it's okay." i had to look away to be able to concentrate. "so its like 2 minutes till midnight would you like to join me for the countdown?"

He did a fake gasp, "mypleasure! Inside or.."

I smiled, "well out here we have privacy, and in there-"

"they're being drunken idiots" he laughed finishing my sentence.

"exactly!" we both laughed, he stood up and put out his smoke.

"Are you drunk?" he asked while getting a bit closer. I could hear '10 - 9- 8 ' in the backround.

"no! i'm actually straight-edge," 6 -5 -4 "why ? are yo-"

I was cut off by his lips hitting mine.