#PerfectDate

Dear You,

I have a confession to make.

I am not the same girl I was on that night when we met.

I loved big, extravagant events back then.

I enjoyed dancing the night away in dark, loud clubs until the air in my lungs would give out from all the movement.

But the woman I am today, would love nothing more than to lay down beside you on a picnic blanket, watching the stars twinkle until the skies turned from dark to light when the dawn set in. I crave intimate conversations with you, learning all that I can, until there is nothing left to discover of you.

I want to explore the endless galaxies in your dark eyes, find the path to your soul underneath all of the hurt that came before me.

Until you and I are so tangled in one another that I couldn't possibly begin to find where I start, and you end. I want to be so immersed in your love underneath the twinkling stars that there is no more wonder about whether you're the man I want to grow old beside.

In the silent, chilly air, I want to find solace between your fingers and your soft kisses on my forehead.

In a world where we could do anything, ride a roller coaster or travel to the moon, I would still choose a starry night over the bustling city any day; just to find a home within it all.

My perfect date would end with nothing at all – because the sun would rise and you'd still be there and to me, that is the most beautiful thing in the world.

But for the kind of man that you are, you would move the clouds on a cloudy night just so I could count the stars for you, teaching you the names of each star and my favourite of all; the Lyra star.

And if the sun never rose the following morning, I would still be content with the date we had shared for now we are no longer two bodies but one soul.

Sincerely,

The simple girl with a heart full of love.

~

For Wattpad's #PerfectDate Contest on the official Romance account. Write a letter to your crush that is 500 words or less.