here's my paper heart

Dear "A" ,
I know there is a chance you will read this and maybe even recognise me, but this is a risk I am willing to take. To break my shell and come out, to tell you that you always have my heart beating a little faster, that my words falter a bit, even during our playful banter.
Our last year together is ending, as our exams approach and I have to take my chances and ask you, will you go out on a date with me?
It would be nothing too fancy, just you and me, in the library talking and teasing each other as we usually do. Sharing our dreams, our beliefs and ideas with a warm cup of coffee and a book. An ideal date for typical bookworms.
I don't want fancy candles or dresses or hotels. I just want you to be willingly truthful as we get to know each other better. Laughing and grinning while we sit in a corner and talk.
You talking about how you are annoyed by your sister, or how you love your book collection and me talking about how I adore my brother and how important my poems are to me.
I don't want a fast and a hasty relationship.
I only want a simple, committed slow relationship where we spend our time together, knowing that even if we break up, we shall remain each other's friends, knowing that if our demons haunt us, the other would be ready with a cup of hot chocolate and comforting arms.
So "A" will you give us a chance?
I know that this may not last forever, and when we face the world as adults and not carefree adolescents, we may drift apart.
But I also know that these memories will be cherished by us and we may find our way to each other even if we stray apart.

So here's my paper heart, won't you hold it?

Yours ,
"I"