Date - Arson Bros

P.O.V: Third Person Omniscient

Trigger Warnings: Homophobia, 'Love, Simon' Spoilers

Rich and Jake had been texting for almost an hour, and neither of them could decide on where their next date would be. Rich had said no to the mall because of all the homophobes hung out there, and Jake had declared that 'chillin' at home' doesn't count as a date.

FlamingBisexual: UGHH!! This is impossible.

Jake smiled to himself as he imagined his lispy boi saying that out loud.

Lamppost_But_With_Sportz: What about the park? There won't be too many people but it's still public?

FlamingBisexual:(is typing)

Rich though about this for a moment, and figured Jake's logic made sense.

FlamingBisexual: Sounds good, Jakey. Should I meet you there or are you picking me up?

Lamppost_But_With_Sportz: I'll pick u up, cutie <3

Rich blushed When he read this and replied:

FlamingBisexual: k. luv u!

Lamppost_But_With_Sportz: luv u more!

FlamingBisexual: Not possible UwU

Lamppost_But_With_Sportz: Okay, you win, Richie. See ya in a bit!

Jake put down his phone and pulled on his Letterman Jacket. He walked downstairs grabbing his keys off the table and went out the door to his car.

Meanwhile, Rich was still in his pajamas, so he changed into some black jeans, a blank white t-shirt, and a flannel with all the buttons undone. He went to the mirror on the back of his door and spiked his hair up in the front. A car beeped outside signaling that Jake had arrived. He walked down the hall to the front door and opened it.

"Hey, babe!" Jake exclaimed running up to Rich, picking him up by the waist and spinning him, earning a giggle from the smaller boy. Jake set him down and asked, "Ready to go?"

"Of courthe." Rich replied. As he walked to Jake's car he scanned to road, making sure his father wasn't coming back yet. Fortunately, he wasn't. The two got in the care and they were off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake found a parking spot near the park and got out of the car. He ran around to the other side of the car and opened Rich's door for him. "Here you are, my good sir," he said in a fancy accent.

"Oh, why thank you." Rich replied, also using a fancy voice.

Hearing him talk was a relief to Jake since Rich was silent the entire ride there. He took his hand in his own and led him to a path the wound through and around the entire park.

They talked for a while about food and memes and Sportz™, until a dude listening to music saw them and stopped, staring at them.

"Ew, no one wants to see that." he remarked.

Jake put his arm around Rich. "See what?" he snapped back.

The dude took out his earbuds. "Do I need to be specific? Okay. No one wants to see two fags in the middle of a peaceful park!"

Rich tensed up at the 'f-slur', and Jake noticed. He unwrapped his arm from him and stepped towards the dude, who stepped back.