CHAPTER 13 - His Friend

It had been three days since Sarah was admitted to the hospital. She passed out because of low blood sugar. Thank god Henry had arrived on time, otherwise, god knows what would happen to her. I visited her yesterday, and she was doing well. The doctor had advised her to rest for a few days, but she was too stubborn to obey him. Ugh, Sarah!

I entered the kitchen, and Jessica was preparing pancakes for breakfast. "Did you sleep well?" she asked once she noticed me entering. I forced a smile and wanted to tell her badly that my sleep had vanished since the day I married Henry.

"How is your mom?" I asked. Her mother was suffering from heart disease.

"She's doing well." She gave me her quick smile, trying to hide her sad eyes.

I knew heart disease was incurable. It took time, money, and lots of blessings. My father was also suffering from heart disease, he always had chest pain. I used to scold him for not taking his medicine on time, but now, I don't know if he was taking his medicine on time or not.

I had lots of dreams before I married Henry. I had made up my mind when I started my work in Robinson Fashion I would never let my dad work in that small company. After paying his debt I would make him resign. And then we would live a peaceful and happy life. I also had decided that I would marry a man who would take care of my family.

But after I married Henry, my life changed completely. He never allowed me to visit my parents, he never cared about them, even he had warned me at the time of marriage if I wouldn't marry him he would ruin their lives.

I hate him from the bottom of my deep heart. Henry was not a human, a monster in the human flesh. Women might be crazy about his looks and charm. But he was nothing to me.

"Alice, are you listening to me?" Sarah waved her hand in front of my eyes and made me look at her.

"Yeah." I rubbed my forehead. "What were you talking about?"

"I asked you to answer the door." She jerked her chin towards the door. "The doorbell rang twice."

"Who's coming?" I said and headed to the door. I did not know who was coming in early in the morning, but it might be Henry. He hadn't shown up at the house since that day.

I opened the door and found three men standing there. Henry, his father, and an unknown man with brown, curly hair.

"Hey, Alice." His father extended his arms to hug me. I hugged him back. He was the most positive and loving man I'd ever met. After a complete week, I got a chance to meet him. To be honest, I was missing him.

"How're you?" I asked, and looked at him.

"Great..!" He smiled. "And you?"

"Good." I smiled back and glanced at my husband, who stood with arms crossed in front of his chest with a dark scowl on his face.

"Hey, Alice. It's Paul." The curly-haired man said and hugged me, taking me by surprise, and making me gasp. "Nice to meet you."

How could a stranger hug me like that? He seemed too friendly.

Henry frowned and quickly pulled me away from Paul. "Let's have breakfast first." He placed his arm around my waist as trying to show his fake and horrible love. He was an excellent actor whenever his father was around us, he always acted like a sweet husband in front of him.

"Jessica, how is your mother?" Mr. Robinson asked when we entered the dining room.

"She is doing good," Jessica said and put a tray of food on the table. I took a seat next to Henry and his father in the head chair, and Paul across from us, staring directly at Jessica.