important.

hello, everyone. sorry that this isn't a funny post but it's very important.

TRIGGER WARNING: SUICIDE, RAPE, SEXUAL ASSAULT

Jang Jayeon is a Korean actress who committed suicide in 2009. 

She left behind a letter claiming that she was forced by her agent to have sex with multiple major players in the entertainment and finance industries, such as CEOs and other executives. Her case was investigated, but of the 31 guilty parties she named in her letter, most were declared not guilty.

Recently, Jang Jayeon's colleague Yoon Ji-Oh released a book called 'The 13th Statement' to direct public attention to this case again. Yoon testified as a witness for the case back when it happened, but the justice she wanted for her friend was never gained. In the book, she points suspicion at the faults of the investigation and names evidence (names of involved parties from Jang Jayeon's letter) that was never brought up before.

https://www1.president.go.kr/petitions/559071

In 2018, a petition for re-investigation extended the deadline for prosecution for this case. But the deadline of that extension is now coming up again. The statute of limitations for Jang Jayeon's case ends in 15 days from now.

https://www1.president.go.kr/petitions/559071

Yoon Ji-Oh spoke about her frustration about how larger scandals always seem to occur so that needed attention is taken away from her case. We all know about Seungri, Jung Joonyoung, and their crimes. However, few seem to know about Jang Jayeon and her case is threatened to be buried. If people are not made aware of this, the deadline for her case will pass, and the re-investigation may occur too late.

In addition, certain names that Yoon Ji-Oh implicated as guilty parties have been tied to major news outlets in Korea. Some people are suspicious that major influencers in the media may be directing the public's attention to larger scandals to keep the re-investigation of Jang Jayeon's case forgotten.

Please scroll down to the middle of the page where the comment box is, and sign in to one of your SNS accounts by clicking on one of the SNS icons (Facebook, Twitter, or Telegram). 

Once you sign in, you just need to paste the phrase '동의합니다.' in the comment box (this means 'I agree/approve' of the petition), then click the blue submit button. You can scroll further down and check the comments of previous petition signers to see what it should look like.

https://www1.president.go.kr/petitions/559071

Please help bring Jang Jayeon the justice she should have gotten a decade ago. She is yet another victim, just like the women who have been abused by the likes of Jung Joonyoung, Seungri, and the other names that are being brought up in the media lately. Every single one of these victims deserve to be brought justice.