005; REAL LIFE

Josie could feel her hands becoming clammy as she stood behind some other photographers signing in for the show tonight. She hoped and prayed this wasn't some weird dream and her name would actually be on the sign in sheet. As more people got let in, she got closer to the front of the queue and soon it was her turn to enter.

"Name?" She swallowed thickly, trying to remain calm, despite the fact her favourite artist has invited her to photograph his show tonight.

"Uhm, Josie Summers?" There was a questionable tone to her voice, not knowing whether her name was actually down or not. But, when the man nodded and ticked a box on the sheet, she had to focus and act professional. Another man standing beside the entry door handed her a photo pass, which she took and stuck to her trousers. She thanked both the men and headed inside, trying to figure out her way around the venue.

"You seem lost? You alright?" Josie turned around and was met with the face of a man she had looked up to for a while now. She was frozen to the spot and struggled to find words to communicate with him. Luckily, before she could figure anything out, he spoke again.

"Wait, Josie right? I'm Adam, although you probably already know that." He smiled and chuckled slightly, making Josie feel a little more at ease. She smiled back and nodded, still trying to figure out what to say.

"I actually don't know where I'm supposed to go, so it's kinda helpful I bumped into you." Adam smiled at her again, before holding out his hand for her to shake it. She returned the favour and smiled again.

"Well, there's a photographer's room backstage but it's right next to Austin's room and there's kind of a shit storm going on right now, hence why I'm wandering around out here, so I don't want you to get caught in it by accident. I'll take you inside the venue if you want to get some photos of the stage setup first before anyone else." Adam feigned a smile this time, knowing he probably shouldn't have mentioned what's currently happening backstage but it's too late now.

     "Oh, is everything alright?" Josie questioned, before following Adam towards the main doors. He pushed them open, letting Josie go first. Once they were both through, he sighed, not knowing whether it was appropriate or not to mention what's going on to her.

     "Just crew stuff. Everything will die down by tonight." Josie nodded, half trying to believe Adam but also half thinking he's covering up for something. She'll soon find out when Austin gets on stage, knowing that if he's happy like he usually is, she could believe Adam.

     "Wow. I've only ever seen photos of the staging on Twitter and Instagram. It's so much better up close." Josie set her bag down and took her camera out, walking to the side of the venue to take a photo. She managed to get the whole catwalk and overhead lights in the photo. Grinning to herself, she admired the photo and only now did it hit her that in 4 hours she would be even closer to her favourite artist, while doing the one thing she adores.

     "You sure you're gonna be ok? You won't faint when he comes on stage or anything?" Adam noticed the smile on her face and chuckled. Josie turned round and smiled at him, shaking her head. Well, she hoped she wouldn't faint—she had to just keep her cool.

     "I promise I won't, besides, if I do faint it means I won't get paid." Adam chuckled, watching her take a few more photos before she bent down to put her camera away. He escorted her back outside and they stood by a food vendor stall for a while, just chatting and making small talk.

     "You know you're more than welcome to take photos of Tyla and Roddy as well, if you want?" Josie grinned, almost beaming with happiness. Even though she had only listened to a few of Roddy's songs, she knew almost every Tyla song off by heart. Maybe if she's good enough tonight, she might be able to do this again for one of them.