Chapter 16- The Beginning

.. But it did not look like it. The captain was laughing instead of crying or screaming. He was laughing so much that the tears were rolling down his face. When he finally stopped he spoke, "You thought you won. I knew this would happen, he knew this would happen."
"Who is this 'he'," Casey Storm asked
"If you want to know, you have to follow the signs," he chuckled and ripped off his captain's jacket, showing a triangle symbol on his chest, "This is only the beginning. The Tri-balance will be complete." He then pressed the bottom right corner of the triangle. The ship rattled and then as he dropped to his knees, the cannon released an energy beam that had the circumference of the moon. We all ran to the viewing window above the room with the cannon and watched in horror as the beam dug a hole in the earth and went straight through it. The width of the beam increased and pieces of the earth were being sucked into the laser. The beam grew larger and larger as more and more of the earth was being sucked in. We watched the devastation and the collapse of what was left of the earth and then when we thought it was over, we saw a crack form where the earth was. We witnessed how a "portal of pure energy"(that's what we decided to call it) was formed from the earth. The laser beam shut off, immediately after this, and in a instant, we were out of range of the "portal". At this point, we could only see a glint of it in the cosmos.

We just saw the destruction of our home, the murder of the people that we love and we did not know what to do next. This was just the beginning and something told me that I play a key part in all of this. But what was it?