Into The Beyond

Studying her reflection in the water, Asiu returned to the memory of being stuck beneath the mother animal. When the stranger smirked down upon her from the tall grass.

"Gaurdwa, hunter. Degara ta?" He asked, prodding, with a long stick, the dead beast atop her.

His skin was a dark grey with a large, lighter patch that covered his chest, shoulders and abdominals. He had an athletic build, muscular legs and a thin face structure. The falling rain made him appear dull and extremely serious; despite his smirking.

Instead of asking for aid or replying back to him, Asiu resumed pushing against the beast's body, snarling. She could feel her breath slowly fading as her body became exhausted.

The male confidently circled the beast before tugging at one of its legs. He ordered her to push while he pulled and she feebly complied; though feeling humiliated in doing so. However, with their combined action, the beast was pulled from her body and Asiu could breath properly again.

Gasping, Asiu slowly rose and slumped against the creature as the male watched her. He stepped towards her smugly, still smirking to himself.

"Ruk!" she ordered him and, taken by surprise, he instantly froze in place. She pressed her hands onto the body and stared at him and though he could not see her eyes, he could feel a heat behind them. Ferocious Yet somehow alluring.

He teased her with another slight movement toward her and suddenly she was against him.

From her curled mouth, she hissed at him threateningly. Though within herself, she still reached for air and her legs were weak.

Reminding him that she had been the one to find this beast, and that it was hers, he took a step back. His grin disappeared and his placed his hands behind his back.

He looked at the large animal, at the pieces that could be used to feed his own tribe. He examined the black creature before him; her tongue still hissing.

"Cannes huss chukuve" he spoke gently to her, hoping that by showing that he understood, he would be able to reassure her. He pointed to the beast with his palm as he said this and stepped back again before ushering to her body and apologetically uttering "canne degara cannes".

"Canne degara canne, tio!?" she spat at him "Gaurdwa! Gaurdwa!"

She found herself unable to fully comprehend his meaning. Though it were true that she had been briefly trapped, she was certain that she'd be free by now even without external help

She watched him closely as he slowly cowered from her, not turning his back, but returning both of his hands behind himself. She smiled to herself at this. He was at least obedient. She knew inside herself that she was too weak to fight right now. Fortunately, her display of strength had scared him away. Or so she hoped.

When he was far enough from her, he cautiously turned away from her, leapt into the grass and disappeared.

Immediately, Asiu slumped back onto the animal and let herself fall carefully to the floor. Her legs still felt fragile.

Focusing, she again used her sense to find another member of her tribe and, finding one some distance from her, she sent a large vibration, a signal and awaited the other member to come to her and drag the animal back to the tribe with her.

Now returning to her reflection in sorrow, she looked upon a character that only appeared to be similar. Her heart felt tender when examining her own face.

A soft cracking sound woke her from her trance and, expecting to see the other osa in the pool was hatching, was surprised to see that it was her own. She could see that the skin of the hole had pierced and a large crack had formed down the side of the egg. Looking behind her, she found that the osani had drifted into a deep and irresponsible sleep.