Ashton

Brendon's POV

     Really nothing has changed over the years, except now the bullies leave bruises, not just emotional scars.

     I'm walking to homeroom, hoping I don't have this class with Ashton. Ashton is this kid that's been a pretty big part of my life. He's about three inches taller than me, and he has amazing eyes and hair that I have to admit looks really soft. Wondering why I don't want him to be in my classes? Ashton has been bullying me since 1st grade.

     It's kind of strange though. I'm afraid of him, really afraid actually. But sometimes I just... I get this feeling in my chest when I look into his eyes- because there's something there. It's always there, hiding behind the perfect blend of green, yellow, and brown. I can never figure it out but I know it's there, just trying to break free.

                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "Hey, Dickhead!" I hear and I turn around. "Hey Spence." I mumble to my only friend, who I've known almost as long as Ashton. He's walking towards his locker, which is right next to mine. I take out all of my books and supplies and shove them into my backpack. I'm surprised I made it through the whole day without seeing-

     "Aw, look. It's preacher's boy." I just sigh and ignore him, and for a while, it works. He stops calling me names, but now he's looming over me. He hand swats out and my backpack falls to the floor, books and pens falling out.

     I look over at Spencer, but he's already gone, some friend. I feel Ashton grab the collar of my shirt and shove me up against the lockers. I look up pleadingly at him, silently begging for mercy. He just smirks and presses his body against mine, trapping me between the lockers and him. It's getting increasingly harder to breathe. "Aw, poor little Brenny can't breathe?" he asks in mock concern while I cough and choke on nothing.

     He reaches into my shirt and rips the golds cross I always wear off my neck and holding it out in front of me. "Where's your precious god now, huh? Maybe you should ask him to save you." The words cut deeper than they should. He throws the cross onto the floor and pulls me back just to slam me into the locker again, shoving his knee between my thighs, not letting me move. And right then, my body betrays me and my religion.

     "Ugh!" Ashton grunts in ure disgust. "You're a fag too?!" He yells and throws me to the ground.

     I cower away from him as he glares at me and our eyes meet. I see it, hiding, god I really want to what that it. What this feeling is that he can't push away far enough-

     "Never do that again," He growls and walks away. The halls are empty now..

                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "Hi Sweetie! How was school?" I hear my mom ask from the kitchen, she was always cooking. "Okay, I guess." I shrug  and head upstairs to my room. My room is really boring, it's always really clean and the walls are bare except for two posters: A Nascar poster and one for Barney and Friends. I seriously don't know why I have that.

     I sigh to myself and lay down. I decide I should probably do my homework. I reached into my backpack and fished out my advanced Lit. textbook. I sit at my desk and flip to page 3. Write a two page narrative about your summer.  Really?! I thought this was supposed to be advanced. I'm not doing this.