46

● ● ● ● ● ●

"Said you'd always be my white blood."

● ● ● ● ● ●

"Oliver said that they'll be here in ten minutes. Apparently, Fynn bought up the whole candy aisle."

Tyler giggled a little as he passed by Josh with a bowl of popcorn in his hands. "You know, they were supposed to be here thirty minutes ago."

Josh shrugged as he finished setting up all the pillows and blankets. "Yeah, I know. They've been a hot mess ever since they got back home. It's not easy coming back to the US after such a long time overseas."

"Well, maybe this will help them relax." Kneeling down in front of the coffee table, Tyler set up the various cans of soda and Red Bull next to the popcorn.

"How can you not when you're wearing onesies and stuffing yourself silly with junk food? Sounds like the perfect night to me."

Tyler smiled. "Exactly. Hey, we should pick out the first movie before they get here... otherwise Fynn will have us watching rom-coms all night."

Josh laughed. "Good idea."

● ● ● ● ● ●

Right after the second movie had ended, Fynnley and Josh disappeared into the kitchen to make some drinks, leaving Tyler with a bit of time to talk with Oliver.

"Hey," Tyler said softly as he moved closer to his friend. "You having fun?"

"I am. Thanks for inviting us, Ty." Oliver smiled. "I can't tell you the last time I've done something like this."

"Of course." Tyler reached up and touched Oliver's bunny ears, giggling a little. "You look so adorable."

"Thanks, Ty-Ty, so do you. I've never worn a onesie before." He shifted around so he could face Tyler. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, anything."

Oliver's eyes darted away, a nervous look on his face. "Fynn told me you have this, um, thing you like to do when you feel... um..."

"Soft?"

"Yeah, that's it." Tyler's heart fluttered a little when he saw Oliver's cheeks turning red. "What's it feel like?"

"Warm... comforting... it can be hard to describe." Tyler smiled. "Something tells me you're a little curious about it."

Oliver shrugged, trying his best to look casual. "Maybe a little."

Before Tyler could respond, their Protectors walked back into the living room.

"Since Fynnley absolutely needs a certain brand of vodka to make his drink with..."

"It's a specialty of mines," Fynn interjected.

Josh rolled his eyes a little before continuing. "We have to run to the liquor store. Do you two want to go with us or just stay here and keep each other company?"

Tyler looked at Oliver and smiled, an idea already brewing. "I'm fine staying here."

"Yeah, me too," Oliver echoed. "Just hurry back."

"If this dork doesn't get distracted, we'll be right back." Josh gave Fynn a teasing smile.  "Try not to burn the house down, yeah?"

Oliver chuckled. "Can't make any promises."

And with that, Fynnley and Josh were gone, leaving their Keepers to their own devices.

"Hey, Oli..." Tyler had a coy smile on his face. "I have an idea."