Kokichi x Male Reader (Angst) Part 1

THIS HAS MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE 5th KILLING IN Danganronpa V3 Killing Harmony

Don't say I didn't warn you.

In this story, you will be taking the role of Kaito. Although you won't be Kaito, let's say you'd be in his shoes during this one shot.
And this is full of angst. Hope you enjoy!

Kokichi and I, well, I don't really know. We have mutual feelings for each other but relationships really have no place in a killing game.

I don't actually know if Kokichi has feelings for me, because he's always claiming to be a lier. Either way, my heart is always beating furiously.

Anyways, he had locked me up in a bathroom in the Exisal bunker during his reveal that he was the traitor. Though I really don't understand. He had opened up to me. Was all of this just a twisted lie?

I shook my head in denial. Why would it be a lie? I sat down in confusion, because I didn't know what else to do. It was silent except for the few working machines outside of the bathroom.

My head jerked up when I heard something open. The tiny window had been moved aside. Was that Kokichi? No, he would've opened the door. Who was that then?

I got up in curiosity to see what was going on. Outside the window, I saw Shuichi, the Ultimate Detective. He had a worried expression on his face.

"(Y/N)!" Shuichi said in a hushed voice, "You're alright."

"Of course I am," I looked at Shuichi quizzically, "Why are you here?"

"I came here to check on you, I was really worried for your safety," He smiled, "And I wanted to tell you that we're going to save you from Kokichi."

Save me? There was no need to save me, because if I really do know Kokichi, he would never harm me. He wouldn't harm anyone.

But of course, Shuichi wouldn't know that. So I decided to play along, "Really?"

"Of course we're going to save you. What are your friends for," I smiled back at Shuichi.

"Thanks. But you better get out of here before Kokichi comes," I whispered. Although I didn't fear what Kokichi's reaction would be to Shuichi's presence, I would rather have our next encounter just be the two of us. Maybe I could get some information on what the hell's even going on.

     "Promise me you'll be safe, okay?"

     "Promise," and with that Shuichi left, and from what I could see he was trying to be stealthy.

     And with that, I ventured back over to my seat. I had nothing to but sit there until Kokichi let me out.

     And to what felt like hours, I finally heard the door slam open.

     "(Y/N)!" Kokichi called out with a grin on his face, looking into my eyes, "I'm back. Sorry I'm late, I was testing something out."

     "Kokichi," I said, our eyes still locked. I had too many questions. He had technically kidnapped me and I haven't seen him since I was previously unconscious.

     "Aww, did you miss me?" He continuously got closer, moving slowly, "How adorable."

     "What are- where did- what's going.." I sputtered until Kokichi put his finger to my lips, signaling me to be quiet.

"Now's not the time to be answering questions, (Y/N)," He cooed, bringing his arm to his side, "I want to spend time with you~"

He crawled up on top of me until he was sitting on my lap with his head on my chest. I smiled and pulled him closer to me.