Patton x self-harming!Reader

A/N: This was a request from @Literal-Mess ! Thank you for requesting! Self-harm warning, read at your own risk. There is an important note after this, so please read it. Thank you!

Day 23.

Day 23 of cutting.

23 days ago you had begun cutting.

Just one cut per day, you told yourself, that's it.

But soon one cut turned into two, and two into three.

Your arms were covered in cuts, some old and scabbing over, some new and still bleeding a little.

You started wearing more long sleeve shirts and sweaters to cover it. Luckily no one noticed because it was winter.

Why did you start cutting?

Because, 25 days ago, your pet had been hit by a car.

They were gone so soon. They still had so much more life to live-!

Tears streamed down your face as you made your way to the bathroom.

You dug through the drawers, eventually finding the crafting knife you used.

One, two, three.

You welcomed the pain and allowed the blood to seep down your arm. You smiled as the pain you felt inside slowly seeped out with the blood. You knew it'd be back, but for now, everything felt okay.

You stood up and left the bathroom. You walked over to your bed and grabbed the small red book from in your pillow case. 

Day 23

Today I did three cuts. I'll probably go back for three more, like usual, after Patton leaves.

I'm scared he'll find out, because my cuts have been creeping closer and closer to my wrist. I guess if he sees them, I can do one of two things.

1. Run and panic.

2. Lie.

I'll most likely do both, with 2 first then 1. 

Well, that's all from me today. 

You finished writing and hid the book again. 

You got dressed in a (F/c) sweater, with jeans. You cleaned the house up for Patton's arrival.

Did I forget to mention that Patton was coming over to visit that day?

The doorbell rang throughout your house, signaling Patton's arrival.

You ran to the door and opened it. Then you mentally slapped yourself for forgetting to bandage your cuts.

Oh well. I'll escape for a few minutes soon and do it then.

"Hey, kiddo! How are you?" Patton hugged you.

"I-I'm good, Pat. How are you?" You quickly pulled away from the hug and his your wrists behind you back.

"I'm good! Wanna play a game, or watch a movie, or maybe even bake cookies?" Patton seemed excited.

"O-oh, uh, I don't know. How about you choose, while I go to the bathroom?" You gestured with your hand.

Patton face went from excited and happy to scared and shocked.

Fear welled up inside you. You looked at your sleeves and saw that the blood had seeped through the fabric, leaving a visible red splotch against the light (F/c). You also saw that your sleeves had fallen a bit, showing some cuts.