Chapter 1

Introduction: thank you for reading! I wanted to read a Nostradamus fic and couldn't find any so here I am. Shout out to the other five people that thinks he's cool:) This story does not follow the show exactly and events might be out of order, sorry in advance! Also under editing because I had the whole thing written up but wanted to edit chapters before I post them

I hate carriage rides. Truly. And yet when I found myself at my destination, I didn't want to leave the safety of my ride.

Nothing could prepare me for the sight of the queen of France awaiting my arrival. Not just the queen, but the dauphin, Francis, and the queen of the scots, Mary. All of them with their hands clasped in front of themselves, patiently waiting. For me. I was nobody important, not in the grand scheme of things; I happened to come from a rich family. Oh, and my aunt is the queen consort and all. But other than that, I don't have any real power.

As I studied the scene before me, anxiety started to eat away at me. I wasn't particularly important.

"My lady," the driver said, and opened the carriage door

"Thank you," I said. I had the sudden urge to hide in the carriage forever. I had no reason to be nervous, I told myself. Except for maybe Catharine wouldn't like me. Maybe I wouldn't make any friends. Maybe there'd be nothing to do! Why were all these thoughts popping up now of all times?

Stop being silly. I can do this. Plenty of people have done this before.

The driver extended a hand to me and I took it to support myself as I climbed out.

Everyone was standing so far away, it was intimidating. Where was I supposed to look? Was I supposed to smile? Hug Catharine, even?

My eyes met my aunts. Catharine smiled and walked to me, her arms outstretched for a hug.

"My dear Anna!" She said, "it's been so long since I've seen you last. My, you have grown."

"Children do that, you know. Grow," I replied and hugged her back. I cringed at my own joke. It'd been so long since I'd seen her, I could barely remember.

"Ha, you have your mother's wit."

"I'm not sure if that's a good thing."

Catharine rolled her eyes, and took my arm in her own. "Hush. I have a present for you. Bash is holding it for me because I couldn't stand the smell."

My nose wrinkled. "The smell? Bash?" Was that a name of a person? My eyes skimmed the crowd until they fell on a man holding the reins to a horse.

Catharine watched my face light up.