Chapter Thirteen : The Wants

Shigaraki was pacing the bar, Kurogiri off doing his usual business and his new members still sent away.

New members.

Those two disgusted him. Utterly and completely.

But both Kurogiri and Him had agreed and insisted- they were needed for the cause.

When Shigaraki informed Him of his little deal with Mai, he thought He would explode.

He was calm as always. Rational. Told Shigaraki that he believed in his leadership and had such faith in her.

But it was imperative. Ties to Saito Mai would not be extinguished.

But Shigaraki was not sure he had faith in Mai.

It had been hard to look at her in that barroom when he first saw her. Her hair was pulled up in a tiny black ribbon and for a solid five minutes he imagined himself pulling upon it and releasing her hair.

And her punch hurt. He had to swallow the blood that had nearly shot out his mouth.

She meant to hurt him this time.

Shigaraki paused his pacing, red eyes roaming to his hands.

He wanted to touch her.

***

Mai was woke up by a loud bang on her door, booming and important.

"Wake up, wake up right now!" It was Kiho, holding a large envelope above her.

But for a moment Mai didn't see Kiho, she saw the bloodied mess of a person she didn't know. Someone she had done that to.

Her hand moved before her mind, reaching around the persons bloodied wrist. It felt more like meat than skin.

"Mai."

She blinked again, and it was Kiho. Eyes wide and terrified.

"Your skin. It's gold."

Mai jerked her hand away, moving it under the covers.

She was dizzy- her mind a moving mess, guilt.

"What do you want Kiho?" She breathed, her sore throat the evidence that at some point she'd been screaming.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a special off campus study opportunity?" Kiho whined.

Mai groaned, "What are you talking about?"

Kiho let out an exasperated sigh, "I'm talking about this." Mai's eyes moved to the large envelope in her hand.

"I don't know what that is okay Kiho, can we talk about it after I shower?"

Kiho frowned "No. why didn't you tell me you were even offered, much less you accepted?! You didn't even tell mom or dad."

She smirked slightly, "They are pretty upset you know. They lost me for a week and now off you go."

Mai blinked.

Kiho laughed.

"Did you forget or something?" She asked, shoving the envelope in her face.

Mai took the envelope, opening it carefully to see a stack of paperwork. Her eyes skimmed over the cover letter quickly.

Saito Maiya's two week off campus study ......here is a copy of her filled out paperwork and agenda..... address of where she will be staying.....number to reach her..... leaves at 10 am on ....

She quickly realized what was happening. The has created a false pretense for her to be missing for two weeks.

Mai hadn't realized she would be staying there for two weeks.