CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER III.

Ride For U

    A week had gone by and Carter was getting better, he could speak and breathe on his own despite the doctors saying that actions like that would take awhile, his health improving sure proved them wrong but he still haven't reached his full recovery. Central Florida hospital went on ahead and transferred him to a hospital in his home town Chicago, so he could be home.

      He had everyone's support and they all were positive that he was going to live, including him self. Giselle was in the hospital room with him, it broke her heart to see him hooked up to so many wires, that it brought tears to her eyes. Even though he was doing better she was still scared for him, because being so close to losing him traumatized her.

     "Come here baby." He said, and she crawled in the bed with and cried into his shoulder.

     "Why are you still crying girl, I'm gonna be alright." He said in a dry raspy tone.

     "I know, that just scared me so much babe. You don't know how I was feeling, I thought me and this baby was gonna have to live with out you."

     "Don't talk like that.... God got me and he got us."

    She looked up and planted a kiss on his lips. Her heart blew up at the feeling of knowing that he wasn't going anywhere and that he was going to stay by her side to the end, she thank God in her head for not taking him and letting him to stay, because she honestly didn't know how she was going to carry on if he was to go.

      "I love you." She told him, while gazing in his eyes.

      "I love you too." He placed his hand on her stomach and connected with their unborn child, he couldn't wait for the journey that they were going to be taken on. They both fell asleep in each other's arms but was waken up once they heard a light knock on the door and Mirko followed, limping inside of the room with out his crunches.

        "Boy why don't you have your crunches?" Giselle's asked him as she sat up and got out of the bed.

     "I'll be aight, I don't need them bitches."

      "You ain't gon be saying that when that pain catch up to you." She giggles and grabbed her purse. "I'll let y'all talk alone."

     Once she exited the room Mirko sat in the chair that was next to Carters bedside and stared at him while shaking his head from side to side.

     "Man, why you looking at me like that? Talk."

   "I can't believe you man. That's all." He replied.

      "What can you believe?"

       "You so stupid man.... You almost died because of me. Why you do that? You should've just move and let me take my bullet." He told him while staring at the ground.

    Carter jerked his head back and looked at Mirko as if he was dumbest man on earth, he couldn't believe what his ears was hearing right now. "Nigga you the stupid one, I took that bullet because you my mothafuckin brother and I ain't gon let nobody take you away from me I don't care what you did and I don't care who they is, Ima always protect you no matter what the situation is nigga."

   Hearing that brought Mirko to tears and tried his hardest not to shed tears but they came down anyway. "I don't want you putting your life on the line for me."

     "Why not?" Carter gave him the third degree. "You would do the same for me right?"

        "Hell yeah, you know I would." Mirko said in response. "I'm just not worthy enough."