• One Sided Love

Based on the song by BlackBear

You sat in yours & Tonys bedroom. On the bed, tears streaming down your face, makeup smudged, 3:00am. You wanted to just fall asleep and not wake up. Your boyfriend, Tony, was always busy. Either in his lab or on missions. Even though you went on the missions with him you still hardly got any free time together. It got to you a lot, but it seemed to not bother Tony.
You lie down on the bed facing the wall, you shut your eyes and tried to sleep but your cry's & sniffles stopped you.
All of a sudden you hear the bedroom door creak open.
"Y/n..." Tony says so quietly that you hardly hear him. You try to hide the fact that you're crying but it's too hard.
"Y/n?" He speaks up a bit this time & slowly closes the door & walks over to the bed. He sits down next to you & rubs your back.
"I know you're crying, what's wrong?"
You don't say anything.
"I can't help if you don't talk to me"
Anger takes over this time. You shoot up & turn to face him.
"You don't even notice do you? Everything's perfect to you!"
"What do you mean?"
"You're to busy talking over me to hear what I'm saying"
"Y/n"
"You're so into yourself, everyone else is overrated & everything's changing. Is your heart worth breaking?"
Tony looks down, You raise your voice now.
"I'm missing the way that it used to be"
"But y/n, everything's changed. You changed!"
"You say I changed, maybe you changed me"
"I get you want to spend time with me but guess what! I'm busy!"
"I think you love the idea of us more than the real thing"
"Do you hear yourself?" Tony raised his voice now.
"I feel like it's all one sided love. You're never there anymore, we hardly see each other. I don't see the point"
Those words hit Tony like a bullet.
"Please don't do this" He muttered under his breath, He was guilty now. He knew exactly what you were on about, and he knew it was his fault.
"Y/n, I'm sorry"
You sigh and go to get up & leave but two arms wrap around your waist pulling you back towards the bed.
"Tony" you warned but he didn't let go.
"I love you, and I know I've been distancing myself. And I'm sorry. I shouldn't & I genuinely wish I had spent time with you. If you leave, I'll have nothing"
He wrapped his arms around you tighter & you snuggled your face into his neck. He kissed the top of your head.
"I promise to spend more time with you & less time in the lab"
"I love you, Tony"
"I love you more"