Chapter 8

"Who is she?" Weston asked with a cold look. They'd heard there was a female involved but she was of no importance until now.

Darby really hated being under Zobelle and his crew's control. All he wanted was a little money and muscle so he could set up shop in town and make some money. He was too old for the gangster business.

"Just some girl, she came to me for help when she ran into some trouble with the Niners."

Weston scoffed, "She was working with them?"

"No, buying from them," he didn't feel like getting into the mess. "She was helping me roll supplies from Pope to Charming but now she's mixed in with SAMCRO."

As much as the club was hated by The League Weston knew Zobelle would be thrilled to hear. "I'll let him know." There was so many ways to convince or force this woman to help them.

"I need a new space." Darby said with annoyance. "Goddamn Sons blew up the house on Water road. I have all that shit packed up with nowhere to cook."

They already knew, it was all part of the plan that Mae was now pushing forward quicker than expected and it made Zobelle even more confident. She was a pleasant surprise, so much help and she didn't even know it. If they kept moving at this rate, they'd have the Sons locked up months sooner than planned.

"We know, you'll be hearing from me with a new location." Weston smiled, it was creepy enough to make even Darvy's skin crawl. "When are you meeting with the girl next?"

"Tuesday but I don't have a delivery until I get the lab." Too much, this was all too much and Darby was close to giving it all up. Zobelle appeared out of the back room of the cigar shop. "Finally I'm graced with your presence." He said with a snippy tone.

"Mr. Darby, I'm a busy man."

"So am I. This mess, this isn't what I wanted."

"You wanted protection and start-up," he gestured around the store. "That is what this is."

"Some protection you offered. The only reason we didn't lose everything is because of me."

"That explosion was unfortunate." He said with blatant insincerity. "But it will only serve to help us with the problem they present."

Darby shook his head, his boots kicking at the floor as he waited for his instructions but none came. "Well? I can't do anything else until you get me a new space." It was the same conversation repeatedly; Darby knew before he even got there that it would be like this.

"Keep your meet with her. You'll have everything you need by then." He smiled, looking up from his work. "Make sure she knows who she works for, Mr. Darby. She can either side with us or she can go down with the rest of them."

--

Tara stepped over the threshold and into the TM office to see Gemma searching through piles of paperwork. The lot seemed slow and when she peeked into the bays no one looked overly busy.

"You okay?" She asked with hidden amusement. "Lose something?"

With a groan, Gemma nodded her head. "Baby with Neeta?"

"He is," Tara looked over some of the top papers. "What's going on?"

"Nothing, just can't find shit in this damn office." Glancing out into the garage Gemma noticed Jax and Opie chatting over a mangled Harley engine. "What are you doing here?"

Taking a seat Tara shrugged. "Just wanted to stop by, going to be a late one for me so I wanted to see Jax before I went in."

Gemma grinned knowingly, of course that's what Tara wanted. "Well, there he is." She pointed through the doorway. When Tara stood, Gemma cleared her throat. "You know, he's not the one you have to worry about."