Chapter 2: Sophie and Minnie

Author's Note: (This chapter takes place after a few months since the events of Chapter 1. Everything was going fine since the events of Chapter 1, until now during Chapter 2. Dave seems to have cooled down about his plan to leave the school, he's also been pretty much M.I.A. around the school grounds. The school nurse, Ms. Martin is completely missing with no trace. Marlon and Shawn stepped up as the leaders. You became closer friends with Violet and Louis and learned about them more)

[POV Of Courtyard As The Sun Is Going Down]

*You are sitting at a table across from a young kid*

Y/N: Watcha' working on?

???: It's a drawing.

*The kid lifted the drawing up so you could see it*

???: There are firemen and police officers fighting the walkers

Y/N: Oh yeah? Who's winning?

???: The walkers...

Y/N: That's a bit... Grim.

???: I know the police and firemen are really strong, but the walkers have too many soldiers!

Y/N: Weird, never thought of them as soldiers.

???: The walkers won't win. I just haven't gotten to draw the next part yet.

*2 girls come walking over. Sophie and Minerva, twins*

Sophie: Making friends, Tenn?

Tenn: I was showing Y/N my drawing.

Minerva: Tenn, can we talk for a minute?

Tenn: Yeah okay.

*Minerva and Sophie sit down at the table*

*You can feel that the mood of the situation is about to completely change*

Y/N: I'm gonna- uh... Go check in with Aasim. I loved your drawing Tenn, I'll see you later.

Tenn: See you later

*You walk away leaving Tenn and his sisters alone*

*You see Aasim sitting on the steps writing in his book as usual. You're curious what he's up to so you approach him.*

Y/N: What's up?

*He doesn't respond for a second to finish writing his sentence*

Aasim: Hey

Y/N: What're you writing about?

Aasim: I'm just logging what happened today. I like to take note of everything that happens while I'm out in scouting parties, observing the courtyard, and pretty much anything else that I happen to see.

Y/N: So it's like your diary?

*He closes the book and looks at the front of it for a bit then looks back up at you*