83 I Told You So

Xue Chang Fu frowned even more."What? Don't tell me you already stopped caring about him.Xiao Hai, let me tell you, you might be my favorite martial nephewbut I won't be courteous if you try to steal Yue Fu Gang from me."

Now it was on Su Yan to frown. "Whywould I try to steal Elder Yue from you?"

Xue Chang Fu stood up andstraightened his shoulders, looking at him with a surprisinglycondescending look. "You should rather ask why you wouldn't.Such a strong man like him. Wouldn't you be an idiot if you wentafter some random cultivator instead of him?"

"You ... You're shameless!"

"Hmph." Xue Chang Futurned away and swaggered off. Ah, he was a dignified member of theolder generation. He wouldn't squabble with his martial nephew. No,no, he'd much rather go and bother Yue Fu Gang until he gave in andaccompanied them tomorrow. He couldn't risk that his great planwould go wrong, after all.

Su Yan stared at his leaving figureand harrumphed. This bastard! How could he talk like that to hiscreator?! He would write him into a bad character when they got back!For now, he would just go and complain to Nie Chang.

He ran back to the palace, only tocollide with his boyfriend right at the door.

Su Yan's eyes teared up. What washappening here?! This was the world of his novel! He should be themost important person here! Especially since he had taken over theidentity of the protagonist who was supposed to have a plot armor inevery kind of story. So how come he was treated like this? First, oneof his characters looked down on him and now, his boyfriend actuallyhurt him!

Su Yan looked at Nie Changreproachfully but this time, his boyfriend didn't even notice. Hejust pulled Su Yan into his arms and took a relieved sigh.

"Thank god, you're alright.He pulled you out of the building so fast that I couldn't catch upwith you. I thought he might take you somewhere far away and then wewouldn't know how to find each other again." He grabbed SuYan's neck and took a deep breath but his heart was still beatingrapidly.

Meanwhile, Su Yan was smilinghappily and snuggled up against Nie Chang's chest. Alright, hewould forgive him this once for being so worried about him. That XueChang Fu shouldn't think that that would have any influence on hisgrievance with him though! He would still get back at him for that!

The two of them stood at theentrance of the building for a while until Nie Chang finally let go.

"Alright. Can I convince younot to go into town right now and instead have a talk first?"

Su Yan blinked. "Ah? Why that?I mean, it's alright. Actually, we don't have to go to the citytoday. The Sect Master just told me that we had some kind of plan sowe're going there tomorrow anyway." His expression darkenedwhen he thought of his conversation with him right now. "Hmph,you know what that guy did?"

"No. But you'll certainlytell me." Nie Chang patted his little darling's head and tookhis hand, pulling him into the building again. He could only hopethat there wouldn't be anyone else coming by until Su Yan finishedhis story and they had time to talk about their current predicament.He really wanted to leave here as soon as possible.

Thankfully, Su Yan wasn't one todraw things out. Since he was already angry anyway, he hurriedlysummarized Xue Chang Fu's shameless behavior and started cursinghim right away.

"I mean, how can he do this? Iwas the one who wrote him! And even if I wasn't, I was clearly theone who said Yue Mu Gang was a manly man. How can he say it a momentlater as if that was his idea? That's stealing! Idea theft!Shouldn't he have a moral code or something as someone from acultivation sect of the good faction? He'd be much more suited tobe the Sect Master of a demonic sect!"

"Mn." Nie Chang noddedalong but he couldn't help his lips from twitching. Somehow hedidn't wonder at all how the Sect Master had come to be like this.Wasn't that exactly the way Su Yan himself would behave? He couldchange his opinion in a matter of seconds if he felt like it. Whywouldn't one of his characters do the same?

"Hmph. I should rewrite himwhen we get back."

Nie Chang perked up. That wasprobably his cue. "About that ..."

"Mn?" Su Yan looked up,wondering if his boyfriend might have an idea already what he coulddo to Xue Chang Fu.

"Have you thought about how wecan get back?"

"What do you mean?" Su Yanblinked his eyes in confusion.

"I mean we're in a differentdimension now. How will we get back to earth?"

"With the system, of course."

"But we're not in yourspecial dimension any longer. So it's not like we can just stepthrough the same door we came in through. Or did you see it somewherearound here?"

Su Yan froze before mechanicallyturning his head. They had already made their way back to the studywhere they had landed and ... there indeed wasn't any door. "AhChang, that ... wouldn't mean that we're trapped in my novel,would it?"

Nie Chang refused to answer that. Heonly looked at Su Yan pointedly. That was what he had been talkingabout since they figured out where they were but a certain someonehad been too excited that they had transmigrated that he just hadn'tpaid attention.

Nie Chang really wanted to say 'Itold you so' but then they might be trapped in another world withouttalking to each other and that would be even worse. Especially sincehe would be the bad guy then.