• Chapter Twelve •

Ayami shifted in the darkness, groaning a bit as she lifted herself off the floor. She stumbled for a moment as she looked around.

"The heck?" She accidentally let the words slip out of her mouth. At first she had convinced herself it was all some kind of nightmare, but then she looked around to realize she was in a new cell. It looked like a prison cell. Three of the walls were made of metal and the fourth was made of bars with a metal door and a slot in it.

"We've been moved." Spoke the mouth on Ayami's forehead. Ayami reached up and swiped the grey hair, sticking to her forehead, away from the mouth.

"That shadowy figure took the bindings off of you?"

"Yes. I know why. Remember? We were hiding in some of Akio's ice while Adara fought the shadowy figure. We could hear them talking and the figure said 'this was just a test.' They were testing us to see if we were capable of breaking free, while keeping us slightly sedated so we couldn't escape. Now they're going to allow us to use our full strength for the true tests."

"Oh." Was all Ayami could manage, and she sat there for a moment, thinking. She suddenly gasped. "Where's my sister? Where's Ayuki?"

She looked around before running up to the bars and peering outside. "Ayuki?" She called out.

"Sis?" Replied a voice, "Where are you?"

"I'm in a cell. Are you ok?"

"I-I'm alright. You?" Ayuki stuttered.

"Just peachy, thanks."

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" Suddenly a familiar angry voice rang out. "We're still trapped here?! What the fuck! Adara I thought you said you'd fix this??!" Hiroki shouted. There was no response.

"Is everyone alright?" Akio's soft voice responded. There were mumbles of 'yes's.

"Listen guys, we can't give up hope! That shadowy figure said they were going to let us regain our strength for the next tests...which means we have a better chance at escaping!" Nikki said with hope in her voice.

"She's right. Any chance we get to escape, we should take." Haru Hanako said, the sound of her standing up and walking to the bars echoed through the corridors.

Suddenly footsteps came down the hallway, meshing with Haru's own.

"I see you're all awake." Said that familiar raspy voice. "I'll admit that was a rough start. I was rather rushed and intrigued to see all of your capabilities, but the true tests begin now. For now, you all must regain your strength so I encourage you to eat." She shadow walked by each cell, sliding a tray of food through the slot in the door.

It looked like mashed potatoes, and a water.

"How do we know you didn't poison it?" Hiroki demanded.

"I told you. I need you strong." Said the figure, slanting it's golden eyes at Hiroki's cell. "Now eat up."

A/N sorry! Not much happening in this chapter! ~^~