Heli's Tale

Heli's Tale

This is a story I wrote back in 10th grade. We had to write a story based off of the periodic table, and I went a little overboard with it. So here is is, and I hope you like it. And please vote and comment.

Chapter 1: a Runaway Princess

Location: Light-hearted Woods

"PRINCESS HELIUM!" Sir Chlorine yelled, "WHERE ARE YOU!"

"She's not going to answer," stated Carbon, "otherwise she would have the last seventy six times"

"Do you have any better ideas, if we don't find her, King Argon will have are heads, or worse, our Heartstones."

"All I'm saying, is that yelling isn't helping us, and that we can do better."

"Like what! What other option is there!" yelled Chlorine.

"We could always look for clues that she has been here, like some torn fabric, or a footprint."

"That's completely ridicu- Hay! There's her bow!" Chlorine rushed forward and picked the bow off the branch it was snagged on. As he stood up, he noticed a figure lying in the ahead clearing. He headed toward the figure, thinking it was the princess. When he reached the clearing, he discovered, to his obvious disappointment, that the mysterious figure was not the princess, but instead was an unconscious boy.

Carbon, noticing his friend's distress at his discovery, said, "Don't worry, he may have seen the princess come through here."

"Your right! WAKE UP!" Chlorine yelled.

Carbon stopped Chlorine from yelling again by saying "Chlor, if he didn't wake up on your first attempt, he's not going to wake up on your next. We should take him back to the castle and let him wake up when he's ready."

"But that'll take too long!" moaned Chlorine, "it'll be faster to hit his head with my sledge hammer. Let's see him sleep through that!"

"Or it might cause him to never wake up again. Why don't we stick to my plan."

Chlorine moaned.

"Maybe a Go Fish match with sodium will take your mind off the time and calm you down"

"Fine," groaned Chlorine

--------

Once Carbon and Chlorine left with the boy, Heli came out of hiding. For her whole life, she was treated like the runt of the nobility. She was the youngest of the Noble Gasses, because the original Helium died by the hands of the Wraths during the last Great Outbreak. Heli was thus chosen by the gods at birth to replace the late High Queen Helium. Heli would have been fine if she wasn't so curious. Her curiosity for the outside world is what drove her to run away in the first place.